Wizard Festival 2009

Guest Kowalski

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking at this and belladrum as my daughter(shes only 4) gets jealous when we go to T in the park now. Aw bless? Reading its a really family friendly festival and we live just outside aberdeen so its not too far away. Has anyone been with a young child? My gut instinct is thats she too little but any feedback would be appreciated

Children are really catered for at the festival, there is a designated area just for them. I certainly don't think she is too little... A good friend of mine has taken her little boy both years and he is only 4 now and he loved it. I would definately recommend you head up, its really safe and enjoyable for all the family. There is also a quiet camping area if you wanted to stay for the weekend!

;)

Wee update folks....

Indie guitar rockers Twisted Wheel, fresh from supporting Oasis, Paul Weller and Kasabian, are set to thrill fans at the Wizard

Also added to the bill....

Dundee favourites Luva Ana and psychedelic pop stars The Ray Summers, from Falkirk.

Cheers Ben

I dont know if anyone can compare but i was wondering just how big wizard is. What i enjoyed most about belladrum last year was that you could get to anywahere within 5-10 mins whether is be the car park, areana or campsite. Is Wizard on a similar scale?

Also whats the thoughts on gazebos in the campsite?

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know if anyone can compare but i was wondering just how big wizard is. What i enjoyed most about belladrum last year was that you could get to anywahere within 5-10 mins whether is be the car park, areana or campsite. Is Wizard on a similar scale?

Also whats the thoughts on gazebos in the campsite?

In case you missed the rolling window up to the right hand page...

Eleven more DJs, bands and acoustic acts have been announced for Scotland's Wizard Festival happening on August bank holiday weekend.

Wizard's new additions include BBC radio Scotland broadcaster Tom Morton, and Bruce & Jamie Watson. Bruce was one of the founding members of Big Country, and alongside his son Jamie, the pair will play guitar based Celtic tinged blues.

Also confirmed today is Aberdeen's DJ Andy Duguid, rappers Shy & DRS, and SNAFU regular DJ Cheynie.

Glasgow based indie four piece Hip Parade, metallers Virginmarys, 10 piece ska outfit Bombskare, Celtic rockers Sons o the Soil, Gerry Jablonski, and Counterfeit Cash complete the latest names added to this year's line-up.

Cheers Ben

• 2 weeks later...

only 4 weeks to go folks!

So anyone else decided to give the Wizard a go?

There will be a fringe night in the Lemon tree on the 15th if you want a wee taster of whats on offer..

Oh yeah... we will be selling tickets on the night at face value so no booking fee/postage added!!

too good an opportunity to miss i say! :angry: