Rioting

Guest thoumasked

this is something i want to clarify.

reading is about partying. getting f**ked and doing crazy things. lets clarify partying

heading into caversham stealing signs that dont require effort to steal etc.

stealing is not smashing windows in caversham that is rioting.

partying is the trolley jousting on the ramps

partying is not walking around in a group shouting angry mob and stealing peoples things, destroying festival propety and kicking me in the head in my tent is not partying it is rioting.

somewhere along the line lots of people have forgotten what partying is. partying can be fun and mindless and crazy and fun. rioting is mindless destruction at the expense of others and its not fun at all

somewhere along the line people lost the defining line, or at least moved it waaaayyyy to far.

just wanted to highlight these facts to any boneheads. feel free to agree and disagree with anything, or add to what you consider partying, what you consider rioting and where the defining line is.

firstly dont camp next to a path.

secondly welcome to reading festival, its been taken over by the w*nker culture. Theres no point in fighting it anymore, its accepted that this kind of crap happens. I've taken to camping further away, at a safe distance, and getting someone to stay up all sunday night, usually in shifts. its sad but its the reality of it. Of course you could always leave straight after the bands.

I always stay up on the Sunday.

Partly because we don't want to be woken up by an explosion or because someone wants to burn or steal our tent or equipment. Partly because, going on previous form, it's the day of the festival I'm most likely to work my magic. But mainly because the later you leave it on Monday morning, the more miserable the journey back is.

I make a point of camping in Green though, regardless of how out of hand things get.

I've been going to the festival longer than most of the t****rs, (still not THAT long in the scheme of things) but I'll be damned if I'm moving further away from the arena because of a few hundred knobs. I'm a pretty aggressive looking guy, but in reality one of the most laid back and welcoming people you're likely to meet on the Sunday night. Get a small fire going, REALLY stock up on the wood, party all night, play the sorts of games you'd normally only do indoors, let the odd straggler hang around if they ask, and pretend to wrap things up if too many unsavoury types come along, and you won't go far wrong.

ive never been to reading before so this is my first year...

i like most people just wanna have a laugh while drinking shed loads of beer

ive heard rummours about so called riots at reading and to be honest im not to fussed about people doing it. is it true about the stealing of things and if this is the case which campsite would u suggest for keeping as much as possible, obviouslly im not going to leave valuables in my tent but i would class beer as pretty valuable woudnt you.

any suggestions on a campsite where there is partying as the first comment says and were stuff is less likely to get taken

white is the quietest camp however it is miles from the arena and its very softcore, full of your late 20's early 30's types. ( no offence to anyone) and in general it is safest and quietes while keeping a softcore atmosphere of party. however i would reccomend jumoing into the reading spirit and sticking to "indigo" or brown. you will have to accept the fact that there will be loud people and there will be thieves, but that doesnt mean you will be assaulted or stolen from. in 5 readings festivals i have had only one incident of assault when i was kicked in the head while in my tent because some idiot was trying to steal tentpoles and never any episodes of theft, you should be safe either way and just embrace the reading festival spirit, the best thing you can do if your worried about riots is do not encourage them by joining in with their moronic chants or being abusive to staff.

:lol:

white is the quietest camp however it is miles from the arena and its very softcore, full of your late 20's early 30's types. ( no offence to anyone) and in general it is safest and quietes while keeping a softcore atmosphere of party. however i would reccomend jumoing into the reading spirit and sticking to "indigo" or brown. you will have to accept the fact that there will be loud people and there will be thieves, but that doesnt mean you will be assaulted or stolen from. in 5 readings festivals i have had only one incident of assault when i was kicked in the head while in my tent because some idiot was trying to steal tentpoles and never any episodes of theft, you should be safe either way and just embrace the reading festival spirit, the best thing you can do if your worried about riots is do not encourage them by joining in with their moronic chants or being abusive to staff.

:)

well after doing alot of research on the forums, im still realy confused. your advice has helped and thanks for that.

im a 16 year old an alot of the view on the forums is that all 16 year olds want to riot

i and my friends want to party hard into the night.

i have also come to the conclusion that if your away from the road then your alot safer is this case?

i think its going to be indigo or brown and keeping my head down while partying

thanks for the advice

reading is about partying. getting f**ked and doing crazy things. lets clarify partying

partying is not walking around in a group shouting angry mob and stealing peoples things, destroying festival propety and kicking me in the head in my tent is not partying it is rioting.

somewhere along the line lots of people have forgotten what partying is. partying can be fun and mindless and crazy and fun. rioting is mindless destruction at the expense of others and its not fun at all

somewhere along the line people lost the defining line, or at least moved it waaaayyyy to far.

just wanted to highlight these facts to any boneheads. feel free to agree and disagree with anything, or add to what you consider partying, what you consider rioting and where the defining line is.

obviously not all 16 year olds want to riot and break stuff, just from a 24yr olds perspective, it seems to be the ones who cant handle their alcohol and are trying to show off that cause the problems. thats usually the younger generation in my view, and claerly also in the view of several other forum goers.

firstly dont camp next to a path.

secondly welcome to reading festival, its been taken over by the w*nker culture. Theres no point in fighting it anymore, its accepted that this kind of crap happens. I've taken to camping further away, at a safe distance, and getting someone to stay up all sunday night, usually in shifts. its sad but its the reality of it. Of course you could always leave straight after the bands.

Edited by Lithium05

another virgin question

when do you choose your campsite is it on the day or were ever you find a spot or do you book it with your ticket?

also when you choose your campsite can u go to/party in other campsites

so for all the amatuare questions and sorry for the appauling spelling