Sellindge music festival

Guest kelly22

hi! i'm going to sellindge music festival this year, bought tickets for me and 4 mates, can't wait! it's supposed to be one of the best new kent festivals. oh, have you seen their new contest? i guess you can win 10 tickets for yourself, it's on their facebook page.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, this thread has somewhat escaped my notice amongst festival madness. Just to clarify, Sellindge Music Festival 2009 will be the festivals second year of running as an independant music festival. 2008 was the launch year and went ahead without any major hiccups with Idlewild supplying the main headlining slot. 2007 was a very strange year that essentially bore the idea of the music festival. There were two stages, predominately folk music, at a steam rally festival in Sellindge, Kent. The mix of having a music festival and a steam rally combined simply just did not work it seems. I would however like to stress, Sellindge Music Festival is now an entirely separate event with a whole separate managerial team (the Steam Rally still happens but is two weeks before us).

Glad to see you are down for attending 2009 Edi, see you in June (not long to go)!

Sorry, this thread has somewhat escaped my notice amongst festival madness. Just to clarify, Sellindge Music Festival 2009 will be the festivals second year of running as an independant music festival. 2008 was the launch year and went ahead without any major hiccups with Idlewild supplying the main headlining slot. 2007 was a very strange year that essentially bore the idea of the music festival. There were two stages, predominately folk music, at a steam rally festival in Sellindge, Kent. The mix of having a music festival and a steam rally combined simply just did not work it seems. I would however like to stress, Sellindge Music Festival is now an entirely separate event with a whole separate managerial team (the Steam Rally still happens but is two weeks before us).

Glad to see you are down for attending 2009 Edi, see you in June (not long to go)!

• 2 weeks later...

It probably is too early to start packing, but having just come back from the Camden Crawl and seeing many Sellindge artists play there, I cannot wait for June to be upon us now! Very touched that you picked to come to Sellindge over IOW. I can assure you that we really are putting out all the stops to make this as enjoyable as humanly possible this year and that you will be far from disappointed.

See you in June!

Booked my tickets Last thursday and cannnot wait... When do the tickets come through? Is it a apiece of paper with the tickets on there as I bought a mates ticket aswell and were going at different times or is it a single ticket?

Also is the campsite open Thursday?

thanks in advance

Just remebered another question and dont no how to edit....

Im coming over from staplehurst train station if anyone knows that and we thought we would get a bus or a cab from ashford international does anyone no how easy the busses are from ashford to sellindge and how much a cab could be?

Hi Frankie Boy,

Tickets - Tickets are dispatched in bulk every week or so. If you bought them last Thursday, you can expect to receive them pretty soon. You will get proper idividual tickets in the post. You will get yours, your mate will get his, and these will be relevant for the days you are going on.

The campsite will only open from 9am on Friday 5 June. We view Friday as a bonus day for all weekend festival goers (hence why you can't buy individual Friday day tickets). Sellindge Music Festival is primarily a two day event. The main arena is open on the Friday to give a little extra to all the great people who are camping the whole weekend. We are however having quite a few stages open Friday so don't fear that it won't be enjoyable - we just love you all that much!

Transport - You could get off at Westenhanger and have a bit of a walk across the countryside to the festival site (just under a 30 minute walk). If getting off at Ashford International, get on the bus (service 10 and 10A). This bus stops right outside the festval site (ask the driver for a ticket to Swan Lane, Sellindge).

Hope this helps.

See you in June!

Hi Frankie Boy,

Tickets - Tickets are dispatched in bulk every week or so. If you bought them last Thursday, you can expect to receive them pretty soon. You will get proper idividual tickets in the post. You will get yours, your mate will get his, and these will be relevant for the days you are going on.

The campsite will only open from 9am on Friday 5 June. We view Friday as a bonus day for all weekend festival goers (hence why you can't buy individual Friday day tickets). Sellindge Music Festival is primarily a two day event. The main arena is open on the Friday to give a little extra to all the great people who are camping the whole weekend. We are however having quite a few stages open Friday so don't fear that it won't be enjoyable - we just love you all that much!

Transport - You could get off at Westenhanger and have a bit of a walk across the countryside to the festival site (just under a 30 minute walk). If getting off at Ashford International, get on the bus (service 10 and 10A). This bus stops right outside the festval site (ask the driver for a ticket to Swan Lane, Sellindge).

Hope this helps.

See you in June!

• 4 weeks later...

The UK’s best bands prepare to descend on Sellindge

Sellindge Music Festival is nearly upon us. The event takes place in the countryside between Ashford and Folkestone on the 5th, 6th & 7th June.

Set to headline the event are legendary Britpop heavyweights Supergrass, who will top the main stage bill on Saturday 6th June.

Supporting them will be North Londoners The Holloways, whose 2007 top 20 single Generator was followed by a string of hits, all of which took the number one spot on the UK independent singles chart. Front-man Alfie Jackson was keen to promote the rest of the bands playing: “The line-up is mega. The bands on the bill are all bands I would have selected personally - good work!”

Included on that line-up are Young Knives, who will close the main stage on Sunday 7th June. They’ll be supported by Radio 1 favourites Red Light Company, whose debut album hit the top 20 earlier this year.

Elsewhere on the bill, some of the country’s most up and coming talent will entertain the crowds over the weekend. Soon-to-be star Marina and the Diamonds was unperturbed by the likes of Supergrass, telling organisers “I don’t think of anyone as a 'big name'. We're all just musicians at different stages in our careers”. Her performance at Sellindge sits between appearances at Radio 1’s Big Weekend and Glastonbury and is promised to be “a very theatrical show involving N-Sync choreography, vintage golden frocks and sometimes crawling on the floor!”

Straight from a headline show at Europe’s leading new music festival, The Great Escape, Brighton four-piece 4 or 5 Magicians will take to the stage as one of the NME’s ones-to-watch for 2009. Sharing that accolade are Manchester’s The Answering Machine, currently on tour with Twisted Wheel and soon to hit the road with Manic Street Preachers.

Benjamin Wells, the festival’s programmer, said of the line-up “It’s a privilege to be hosting such a dazzling array rising stars. Sellindge is a real music-lover’s festival – any acts you haven’t heard of now you’re sure to be singing along to in the coming months”.

Away from the main stage, the acoustic tent will be headlined by the top 20 album selling Ben’s Brother and underground hero Emmy The Great.

BBC Kent Introducing will be making a welcome return to Sellindge, showcasing some of the county’s most popular and up and coming acts including Kouncilhouse, Floors & Walls, Tom Williams & The Boat and Outa City Committee.

For anyone less into the live side of things, this year’s dance tent has been transformed into the ultimate outdoor party venue. Two of Kent’s most successful dance nights, Evissa and Basslick, have joined forces to create the HeadRoc Arena, which will play host to some of the biggest DJs around including Brandon Block, Micky Slim, Hoxton Whores and Eddy Temple-Morris.

On top of the music, the festival promises comedy, food, drink, funfair rides and helicopter tours. It all takes place in the intimate surroundings of Hope Farm. Megan Thomas, singer of Steve Lamacq championed and XFM New Music Award nominated Thomas Tantrum, said “these are the festivals of the future. Smaller festivals definitely have a better vibe”.

All this is available to the Kent public for recession-busting prices, The Holloways insisting “the line-up suggests value to us at any price!” Adult weekend tickets are only £55, with generous discounts for under 18s and those only going for single days.

For tickets and more information, visit sellindgemusicfestival.co.uk

The bands that are reasonably well known all clash with the bands that arnt aswell known who I realy want to see.

I think it will be cash I havent actualy heard of many other festivals nowa days that do tockens it seems a bit pointless to me.

Also got my tickets today and noticed campsite opens at 12pm on friday!!!! I new it was going to be friday I exspected it to be 7 am... I hope they dont make a mistake like the zoo8 orginisers did!

Edited by frankie boy

Hi all,

It's good honest cash sales for the bars.

Frankie boy; Sorry, we're always going to get clashes. You'll be getting an event guide upon entry (for free naturally) so you will know exactly where and when each act will be playing. Luckily with us being a more intimate festival (well, we aren't Glastonbury), it will be possible to catch more than one act at the same time by planning your day early and missing start / endings of sets.

The campsite opens at 9am on Friday. It is the main arena that opens from 12 noon. Three hours; that's plenty of time to pitch a tent AND have a few pre-arrival beers <_<

Sorry Edi, you misunderstand. There was no mistake in 2008, Frankie is referring to the Zoo Thousand and Eight festival that took place in Kent last year.

This sunshines making me thirsty, festival season is here!

See you in June!