This year's 'Everything Fringe' Thread

Guest andyblack

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.....

Theres only 4 days to go, and so to celebrate reaching 500 ticket sales (our highest ever pre-sales,so thats only 1500 left to go and we do sell out each year), we're announcing our last headliner.

The donkey fringe thursday party will be headlined by....

The New Beautiful South

Who very graciously have agreed to appear for free, in a stripped back and acoustic set (still with a horn section!!!). Yep, come to see them trot out unique versions of the songs we all know (Rotterdam, Perfect 10, Bell bottomed tear etc. etc.), in advance of their Sunday headline set at the main festival. But you'll need to be early, they're kicking off proceedings at 7.30pm!!!!

Tickets are still available at the Musician, Firebug Bar, Donkey, Rockaboom Records (st martins square), and those of you outside the city can ring up DMH Box office to reserve tickets on 0116 233 3111. Tickets remain only £4 and 100% of all proceeds from the night are donated to LOROS, so buy quickly to help us raise £8000 for this most deserving and understated charity. Theres 9 parties with some running till 4am!!!!

See you on the buses this Thursday.

love

Andy, Sean, Vicky and Steve

fringe festival stage times and bus timetables are now up on our website

http://www.summersundaefringe.com/news/200...venue_schedules

we will try and print up some timing schedules to distribute, but cant promise we'll really get the chance, so if not, please print this out and put it in your pocket to help you figure out where to go from party to party.

we've got around 700 presales in the city, so if you're hunting for a ticket tomorrow morning, then your best going to firebug or rockaboom or the musician. the donkey have sold out, we'll try to put more in there tomorrow.

theres 1000 left for campers arriving tomorrow, and 2500 campers expected...so first come first serve. I'd anticipate the majority of the 300 left in the city to go by the end of tomorrow afternoon.

Final Post on the New Road Inn Line Up For Next Thursday

Falling Leaves & guests*, Peter Wyeth & guests**, Pacific Ocean Fire & guests***, & Grace Petrie

There are two more surprise acts as well.

The whole gig will be an accoustic, family friendly event. Entrance with the nine venues/ one wristband @ £4, all money to LOROS.

*'Lee Allatson aka Misterlee

**a couple of aves.

*** Liam & Sophie Have Nots

A brilliant, brilliant night last night - a massive well done to the fringe team for bringing something so ambitious off to such a successful degree...

My night started in the Lansdowne for dinner and then off to the Donkey for the New Beautiful South. They were alright but I suspect they're storing most of their power up for Sunday night. Saw the excellent M48 indoors at the Donkey and a bit of the charismatic as ever David Wyatt before heading to the New Road Inn next door for Peter Wyeth (Ed - I agree!!!!)

Only downside of the evening so far was the seemingly random way of serving punters in both of these venues which led me to be waiting for at least half an hour at both bars (when it wasn't that busy) because the bar staff seemed to have no routine and were out to serve their mates....

Headed on a shuttle bus to the hall where we saw lots of people waiting for an open top. Decided to miss out on that and wandered past the Lansdowne where it looked busy and fun to the Hind. We managed to just miss Mr Plow but saw some poetry which, whilst not up my street, seemed to have the rest of the pub in the palm of hands.

Then on to Firebug to catch the end of maybeshewill and the whole set of Minaars. Powerful stuff all around. The first time I've caught Minaars and I wasn't disappointed.

Taxi home with Kerplunk after a right weird negotiation with the taxi driver.

Bring it on today...

Sean

xxx

If you only caught the tail end of MSW you missed their coup de theatre where after the first song John bade the crowd goodnight (leading to the people behind me to exclaim "they've only played a couple of minutes!" and disappear), only for Death Of London to appear and take their places for a song before swapping back round (a gag tolen, as John admitted when I pressed him on it, from what Blakfish and Colour had done at a Rockfood Firebug show a couple of months ago), which they continued for all but MSW's last two songs. Seemingly easier in the planning than the actual transition as time went on, but a lot of loud fun.

Slightly odd evening in places - either Penfold Gate played a very short set or The Lansdowne was running at least half an hour late at outset, and I was able to wander into The Shed, a venue I'm by the by definitely now too old for, without anyone checking for a wristband. And again I didn't get down Donkey way because I couldn't get up and down on the buses in time to see everything. Everywhere I passed seemed busy, at least.

aha. it's a bit early to confirm anything, but we think / hope we pretty much sold out. when all the monies are pooled, and calculated, and the bills paid, we're gonna do one of those embarrasing big plastic cheque photos with LOROS and the venue managers.

thanks very very much to all that came. it flabbergasts me that it's no longer 3 bands just in firebug, and that it's become an infamous annual fun event. the event took 8 months to plan, and we appreciate we still havent got it totally sorted, but 4 volunteers we hope we didnt do that badly. however, we'd love to make a special point of thanks to

all the bands who very kindly played, all the venue managers and their staff, richard haswell and all the fantastically supportive DMH staff especially the stewards who go out of their way to help us, the bus companies, the bus comperes, gary love and reach marketing, Leicester Comedy Festival and frank, Phrased and Confused, Dean Jackson and the BBC Beat team (for managing to get us mentioned on BBC East Midlands Today), the events management girls from DMU, LOROS and a special thanks to all the people we seem to continue to pull in to help us each year despite our daft and sometimes less than brilliant event management skills (jennifer anne simpson, kaybee, esther, james parkinson, katherine ellis and fraser, ross and scott west, ed and the falling leaves, and more).

right, time to enjoy the main event.......which is the real reason we're all here.....

My first time as an MC/stage manager (stage? ha!) last night at the NRI. Pacific's put in a brilliant start followed by a 5 star set from Peter Wyeth and Grace Petrie zooming in for a quick Bragg inspired set. Falling Leaves percusion was brilliant at the beggining and by about the 4th song the rest of the band just about got there. Well done to Lee Allatson & Mike Leaf. If a gig goes on in the NRI again consideration has to be made for the pa limits as well as the amount of time it took lovely Sean to get my pint served.

Spent a little after hours in the Donkey playing our set properly in the bottom of the garden which was nice.

Well done to Andy and all involved. Roll on this afternoon.

cheers v much. im very keen to now bury the fringe until last year, so this is the last we'll mention of it. but we would like to place thanks to everyone, everywhere who's helped us. even to the point we're now getting out of towners and efestival punters arrive early to help us set kit up (mentioning no names saintupnorth). anyway, the mercury have kindly printed a letter of thanks, so i've just posted it here in the hope anyone who might have helped us can see it.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/lett...il/article.html

Edited by andyblack