Evolution Weekender 2009 - Newcastle

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the day splits be announced? Unless, I've missed something.

And also - In regards to the previous comment made - glass bottles do make it into the site. I've seen plenty of people drinking out of them. People sneak them in - it's a fact of life. The people that get them in are the ones that aren't subject to being searched. Personally, I can't ever remember being searched in the years that I've gone - not that that is a problem, because unlike the 14 year olds who cant get served at the bar and sneak their own in - I just pay - who can really be bothered to carry all that down with them?

And also - Calilse - I've never been subject to any violence at the festival - but there are a lot of people there and these things can happen - but I'd say it is generally a very safe festival to bring your kids too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if there is a charge for kids? Thinking of bringing my baby daughter (at least for a while in the afternoon), the website alludes to it being 'family friendly', but is unclear if kids get in free (let alone toddlers).

Also, can anyone vouch as to whether it is a family friendly event? Opinions seem to vary from it being Ok, to a giant piss-up in a riverside car park.

Lastly, is there anywhere vaguelly kid-friendly to watch the football on TV in the city centre - am i the only person who can spot the possibility that on the Sunday afternoon 1) Liverpool will win the premier league, and 2) Newcastle could be relegated - half way through the festivities on Sunday afternoon. The latter would certainly change the atmosphere of things!

But seriously, i'm having a footy vs festival dilemna - anyone know how i can do both (with a kid in tow)?

Anyone know if there is a charge for kids? Thinking of bringing my baby daughter (at least for a while in the afternoon), the website alludes to it being 'family friendly', but is unclear if kids get in free (let alone toddlers).

Also, can anyone vouch as to whether it is a family friendly event? Opinions seem to vary from it being Ok, to a giant piss-up in a riverside car park.

Lastly, is there anywhere vaguelly kid-friendly to watch the football on TV in the city centre - am i the only person who can spot the possibility that on the Sunday afternoon 1) Liverpool will win the premier league, and 2) Newcastle could be relegated - half way through the festivities on Sunday afternoon. The latter would certainly change the atmosphere of things!

But seriously, i'm having a footy vs festival dilemna - anyone know how i can do both (with a kid in tow)?

Edited by M a r k

• 2 weeks later...
The Wetherspoons (Union Rooms) near Central Station has a family room. unfortunately I don't think this room has a telly.

For horrific sports bar places, there's the Sports Cafe on the corner of Grainger Street and Westgate Road, and there's also dozens of TVs in Pacific off Northumberland Street. Also maybe the Lodge on the corner of Grey Street and Collingwood Street (I think that's the streets - it's the closest sports bar type place I can think of to the festival site). Whether they allow kids in is another question.

Nearer to the festival site there's the Eye On The Tyne (I think, maybe is now called the Wig an Pen, used to be Bonded Warehouse) that used to have Sky. There's also a Llyods (sp) near the Swing bridge that might have Sky Sports.

There's some cracking boozers down Ouseburn, but I can't recall if they even have a TV. I don't think they do! (Too much time in the beer gardens to notice).....

I think relegation will be decided before then. :lol:

Hello, looking for some advice!

I am thinking of driving down from Dundee on the Monday.

What is the car parking situation like near the site?

Any advice more than welcome!!!

Looks like we are getting the train down from Edinburgh just for Sunday. The train is only costing about £25, so it's well worth it. I'm really keen on seeing The Big Pink and The Chapman Family aswell...How far is Spillers Wharf from the Train Station? Also can you leave the arena and come back as you please, or is it once you are in, Your in...Thanks!

Spillers to the train station is a fair hike. Not impossible by any means, but about a 30 minute walk on a normal day. With crowds, maybe a bit longer.

You can leave the arena bits and go back in etc, cos the two stages are in separate 'enclosures'.

As for car parking, there is a multi story carpark just off the quayside, behind the courts (I think) which should be big enough to not fill up, there's also some parking meter type parking, but not much.

Edited by Tommy

Cannae wait.........Has anyone seen the set times. Coming down from Glasgow and planning to watch the toons great escape so want to see if I'll miss anything good!

I've got a weekend ticket so will I get a wristband that will let me go in and out of the arena so I can watch the game.

Bring on the Twisted Wheel!!!