Evolution Weekender 2009 - Newcastle

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

http://www.evolutionfestival.co.uk/

Looks to be a two day festival, rather than the single day last year.

The Sunday (24th) will be curated by Newcastle club night Wax:On with Brodinski and The Count & Sinden self-confirmed for this.

The Monday (25th) will be organised as it has in previous years.

Line-up announced and tickets on sale 12midday on Thursday 19th, with a limited number of weekend tickets going on sale that day.

I presume there will be day tickets for each day too on sale then. No indications of price as yet.

Any hopes/predictions/self-confirmations for this?

Apart from Brodinski and The Count & Sinden, I notice that eFestivals has Detroit Social Club and Field Music as strong rumours - local lads - very likely.

I'm looking forward to finding out the full line-up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really impressed with that line-up. Will definitely be catching Boys Noize, Brodinski and Yuksek on the dance night.

The Wombats, Mystery Jets, The Maccabees, White Lies, Friendly Fires, Ladyhawke, Little Boots, Esser and Fan Death will abe be worth a watch on the Monday. Any ideas of ticket price?

I'm really impressed with that line-up. Will definitely be catching Boys Noize, Brodinski and Yuksek on the dance night.

The Wombats, Mystery Jets, The Maccabees, White Lies, Friendly Fires, Ladyhawke, Little Boots, Esser and Fan Death will abe be worth a watch on the Monday. Any ideas of ticket price?

Just to clarify - the event is held over the Bank Holiday weekend

Sunday 24 + Monday 25 May

BOTH stages will be open on BOTH days

Main Stage (Spillers Wharf) will have bands on the Sunday

and Baltic Square will host the Dance Alldayer

On the Monday BOTH stages will be bands

The website goes live at midday tomorrow (Thurs 19th)

and limited availability Weekend tickets will be on sale

exclusively online

Thanks for the positive feedback - we have been working

on this line up for months

Really? You're not willing to part with £15 for all those bands! I want to see 12 acts over the 2 days - that's just over a £1 a band.

I think you're being stingy. Yeah it used to be free, yeah it was £3 last year but there's more music this year and the credit crunch was always going to affect the festival.

Have a think about it mate.

last years set up was a total shambles over at spillers. the bar arrangements were just plain nasty. i saw lasses hitting lads, lads hitting lasses back, and then lads hitting lads. i didn't see anyone searched, and there were hundreds of glass bottles strewn on the (concrete) floor.

the streets were canny though. :rolleyes:

last years set up was a total shambles over at spillers. the bar arrangements were just plain nasty. i saw lasses hitting lads, lads hitting lasses back, and then lads hitting lads. i didn't see anyone searched, and there were hundreds of glass bottles strewn on the (concrete) floor.

the streets were canny though. :rolleyes:

the streets were canny though. :lol: