WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

2007 was AWFUL! OMG...by the sunday night I was soooo Miserable I vowed never to do it again. (So I didn't...then I got a ticket for '09)

YES its official, I have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat and the will power of a dead Gnat!

2005 - that week running up was amazing, we were in Wells on the Tuesday, then Glasto wednesday onwards and everyone was sunburnt! Then there was that massive storm, the bottom of Pennards floated away, the Pyramid stage got struck by Lightening, it rained non stop for about 7 hours then it was sunny / warm again! The mud and flooding was bad but generally the weather was fine. I can cope with the mud just not the pissin incessant rain like in '07. :lol:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want it 100% dry and sunny! I want a tan as this will probably be my summer holiday, and the only festival I do (stupid recession!)

If I had to pick, I could cope with mud but lots of sunshine - not another 2007, ever, don't actually think I could handle that again!!

• 3 weeks later...

My first post of the year (I think). Surprise surprise! Its in a weather thread. Now some may find this all a little odd but I really do get a complete fixation to the weather thread leading up to glasto. Its probably the only thread I take any part or notice in. Its never always been this way. I am sure people who have been through what we went through before last years near blinder would agree how unbeleivably important it is to have a spot of nice weather.

Anywho! I do this, completely lose the my train of thought... Oh yeah.

Get to the point I shall. I think we need a Name for what will be the most important thread of the year. Now I am leaving this up for discussion. Its no dig at the name of this one, don't get me wrong Just thinking something a bit special and up there, out there or somewhere.

I got to sleep, and possibly get out more, yes that's it! get out more (I should make a note of that).

Same as, 2007 broke me, standing in the pissing rain watching bill bailey (who i normally love) thinking that it was the shittest thing ever, then stuck in the car park for god knows how long i chucked in my glasto towel.

then last year looked great and i sulked the entire last week of June, so i'm heading back again.

anyone who likes the rain is a sicko, you can only get so far on enthusiasm or drugs (or both)

This was the thread that dominated my attention on this site in 08. Sad as it is the weather does will effect the majority of peoples enjoyment of the festival (by this I mean if it turns into a mudbath), although a few claim to not care whether it is a scorcher or a hurricane. I spent a good few months glued to this thread and my day-2-day mood was up and down like a yo-yo depending on forecasts from Metcheck, Netweather etc...

The one thing I learnt was that you can't rely on any of them until about a week to go. The second thing I have learnt is that despite knowing this knowledge I will be hooked on this thread for months to come cos you can't beat someone coming up with some long-range positivity on it being a sunny 5 days even if it is 3 months in advance!

I look forward to the rollercoaster ahead.

The first Glastonbury I went to was 2007 and the conditions were awful. It was a slog to get about and you couldn't walk or sit down anwhere....but I enjoyed it and realised the place was something special.

I vowed to go back every year since and was rewarded with good weather last year, but I will take whatever weather I get and enjoy myself.....but a really sunny one would be good.

:P

So that's you, since you didn't enjoy Glasto last year, you want it to rain, call it too commercial and start threads like yawn, boring, zzz

What a pratt

Edited by mrfunk

mmm runs and hides... :P:)

light1.jpg

Personally I hope it will be nice and sunny, if it's anything like last year then it'll do me fine.

But to be quite honest with you and I know itmay sound a bit bad but I think the line up is really gonna help us next year. Even if it's 2007 weather we still have the likes of Springsteen, Rolf Harris and Lightning seeds to lighten up our moods! I think reguardless of the weather everybody will have a brilliant time and if you don't your just being moody and looking for something to complain about, cause as somebody said in another thread, slagging off glasto has become cool.

But yeah, as that famous song goes, here comes the sun!

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

Don’t get me wrong, id love a sunny year again but looking back, I have to say the spirit of Glastonbury seemed much stronger in the rain. In my opinion the thunderstorm of 05 brought an electric atmosphere with the lightning, I remember a group of us watching the storm early hours of the morning mashed out of our faces, clutching litres of cider, thinking, WOW! But at the same time we were shitting it!!! This was my first year and I was amazed at how people just didn’t care, despite the rain everyone was still in high spirits, the banter was better and its always fun to laugh at the poor sod who bailed harsh. I know people who said 2005 was their first and last Glastonbury but personally I had no regrets about going, it is still my favourite year even though it was festivals worst weather. ... And again in 07, I will always remember dancing among a crowd of thousands, knee deep in mud, being pelted with torrential rain feeling like the whole crowd were holding up their fingers to the weather, pledging their dedication to Glastonbury. So bring it on... sun, storm or rain! IM THERE! x

So I've set up the Metcheck "predict the weather gadget" for the Glasto week on my site. Of course, I know it's absolute speculation this far in advance, but strangely it's always changing, day by day. And no, I haven't screwed up, it's definitely not showing the current weather. Anyway, I just happened to glance at it a minute ago, and thought I'd share what it shows..

metcheck.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! Terrible weather may help with the atmosphere but give me five days of sunshine and grass!