WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually around a month before the festival the weather threads get a bit chaotic

I love that weather lore / year ahead page on Metcheck (here).. predicts a monsoon the week of Glasto with 77% confidence!

The third and final wave of the 'European Summer Monsoon' brings more wet and windy weather to the UK with further heavy showers.

Anyway, if anyone has any other long-distance rain forecasts for June, post 'em here! Can't wait till 5 days before to start speculation and the line-up rumour threads have gone quiet so this is a good alternative subject :O

think metcheck was up and running by ticket day. although it didnt actually forecast properly untill right before the fest. even then i think it got it wrong.

well i've only ever been the one time and that was in 2007 and we all know what that was like, yet i still had such an amazing time there and loved it, obviously i would prefer to be able to sit down from time to time and not have my legs ache due to all the sludging about but if that's what happens then there's nothing we can do about it.

i pay a lot off attention to the weather due to my Job and we long are due a hot summer hopefully this will be the year, not too hot and sunny though i am still a ginger and bald and burn int he blink of an eye ;)

<Pulls up permanent seat in the weather thread>

Morning weather watchers - how are we all this fine year? Except it's NOT fine is it?

It's shite really, weather wise. Snow is crap with no redeeming features (I don't want bullshit about 'but it's pretty' etc, etc - when you've seen one lot of 'send us your pictures' on the BBC website, you've seen them all. I hate snow and reserve the right to) and it was pissing it down all night.

As some of you may or may not know, I get a little bit tetchy when it comes to the weather for Glastonbury. This year, as you're ALL aware (I may take an advert out in every major national newspaper - the Stourbridge News has already covered my plight as it was one of those weeks with very little news, no cats had been caught up trees that week) I'm NOT going to Glastonbury.

BUT, the weather thread helped me pass the time. So I'm going to continue looking and ranting at the result, especially if it's not predicting wall-to-wall sunshine (even when it's night time - I'm unreasonable) and 30 degree heat.

IF I was going, that would be the conditions I would be DEMANDING this year. I don't want any of you lucky bastards to suffer just because I'm not going. Surely the thought of a Langdale-less Glasto is punishment enough? (No sarky replied to this thanks.... :lol:)

So, rain can f**k off. Again. It's not 'fun' in the mud, it's crap. The festival is still awesome, but just less awesome than if it's nice and sunny.

I've got my fingers crossed for you.