WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was mentioned a few pages back, there hasn't been a totally dry festival since 1995.

Surely - surely - this run has to end soon? Next year please.

I'm afraid i caused the thursday night downpour by leaving my wellies in the boot of my car.

Thursday night watched altern8, then couldn't sleep :( , so spent a few hours in Chai Walla's with some of the most random, (but very cool) people you could ever wish to meet (the tripping bloke who couldn't stop saying 'banana cock', some old fella who was convinced he was jesus (with nail scars to match :( , and a fella who had a 2 litre bottle of cider that he had collected from discarded cups round the sight.

I then had to all the way to car park E11, in soaking, caked with mud trainers.

When i got there i then spent nearly an hour and a half looking for my car. I nearly cried when i found it

then it took me over an hour to get back in to the site, I actually thought i was going to collapse in the queue to get back through the gates.

got back to the tent just as my mate was getting up ready for a whole new day of fun and exploration.

note to self, do not leave wellies in car next year,

The weather was fantastic. Just enough rain to give those newcomers a taste of the mud but not enough to spoil things at all. The hottest since 03 throughout also!

The forecasts were broadly correct from about a week before the festival. Warm with heavy showers.

I managed to get away with no wellies, no jacket, and only one jumper. No problemo!!

Edited by dirk4danger

Beautiful weather. Showers almost always overnight/morning, managed to be inside for the only really heavy one and the rain on Sunday cooled me down a treat in the heat of the Other Field.

Absolutely glorious sunshine for all the other time!

Weather Forecasts not really within my expected margin for error... but never mind! It was great weather!

Mostly warm and dry.

Sometimes too hot.

One big downpour... which I was caught in the start of... spanning abour 17 hours, with dry intervals.

Torrential downpour started after midnight on Sunday, so not really part of the festival... :angry:

If the rain had been a little more evenly spaced out over the weekend, it would have been absolutely perfect! ;)

For what it's worth.

I checked the Met Office's Rainfall forecast on the Wednesday morning.

And it got it bang on.

I know I'm kidding myself - but next year I'm not going to bother trawling through various forecasts until the week of the festival...