Festival Hats

Guest pesimax

I bought a snake skinned stetson in Glasto, it kept the sun off my neck & helped if it rained. The reason i don't wear it in the real world is because it makes me look like a tw@t lol. I felt confortable wearing it in Glasto because most people around me looked odd ( blokes in dresses or rubber power ranger type bondage suits ) ... so my little snake skinned hat and I looked normal LOL .. This year i will be buying an even more outrageous one :D

Just wondered as a hat wearer outside of festivals (non of that top shop cardboard trilby stuff), why so many people decided to don the hat at a festival and don't take it outside the grounds into there every day life.

Being part scots ginger, I get larger darker freckles and the bits in between just burn!

I tend to wear a 'boonie hat', one I have treated to be waterproof. Keeps me from turning into a lobster on a sunny day, keeps me dry when it is wet.

I also pack a 'jeep cap', a wool hat with a peak, very good on a cold nights or under a poncho hood!.

I always take my fishing hat for day time as it keeps the sun off your head. Would wear it fishing and wear it if were out having a kick about in summer to. Then nightime wooly hat, also doubvles for the winter. Pretty much i think 2 hats should defo be on the what to take list.

Just wondered as a hat wearer outside of festivals (non of that top shop cardboard trilby stuff), why so many people decided to don the hat at a festival and don't take it outside the grounds into there every day life. And why festivals and hats go together so well?
Edited by Katster