Rhythm Festival 2009, 21-23 August

Guest rhythm2006

Just to let you know that Rhythm Festival 2009 will be held at Twinwood Arena, Clapham, Bedfordshire over the weekend of Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd August. Early bird weekend tickets are now available from www.rhythmfestival.net

I really do hope to see you there!

cheers

Jim

Edited by rhythm2006

:rolleyes: Great news Jim. :lol:Can't see where to buy tickets from on the website though. Is it working yet?

• 4 weeks later...

If your looking for a Punk Ska band i watched guys from Birmingham on Saturday called Walk.DontWalk they supported The Bluetones, they were amazing actually blew The Bluetones out of the Water.

Also just checking out the Alchemy Festival The Arcadian Kicks & Zenyth look shit hot!

The Maybes? are pretty good but probably to INDIE.

Robert Plants sons band are very good 'Sons of Albion'

Get a few of these on the opening slots!?

This is just down the road from me so I'll be there!

Edited by edthefish

• 2 weeks later...

WOW---thats great news after all the speculation that the fest was doomed.

Made me day.

Now all you have to do Jimbo Dynamo is to get Gandalf Murphy back and I`ll knock on every door in Consett to get more people there (well not every door---but enough!).

Well done for persevering.... hope everything goes to plan.

den

O LORDY MAMA --- I`ve just pissed my (flimsy) pants.... replied on here before looking at the main site---and O LORDY MAMA.... Jimbo Dynamo I commend thee... to get Gandalf Murphy and The Slambovian Circus back is a masterstoke and should ensure anybody who caught them last year to return with friends.

As I have said on many many occasion.. we are never much bothered about who is on--but Gandalf was easily the best festival band we`ve seen for many a year and i shouted it from the roof tops (and still am doing so btw).

Pretenders.. well not everyones tasse du te... but tbh--a great end for the friday neet..... and Wishbone Ash will sell some tickets too--as will Alabama Trois.

Am so glad its on.

A sore point..and a usual one....

TEN POUNDS booking fee for a ticket, thats f**kin obscene. Truly is.

5000 tickets sold---- 50k to a ticket agency. Nah---nobody gonna convince me thats anywhere near right and fair.

Extortion that is. By the balls we are caught.

Has some made-redundant banker took over the agency?

den

A sore point..and a usual one....

TEN POUNDS booking fee for a ticket, thats f**kin obscene. Truly is.

5000 tickets sold---- 50k to a ticket agency. Nah---nobody gonna convince me thats anywhere near right and fair.

Extortion that is. By the balls we are caught.

Has some made-redundant banker took over the agency?

den

Ticket agencies often get a bad press (and often with good reason) but Jim is right to explain that things ain't always what they seem. 24-hour online booking, website creation and staffing of phone lines all cost money and if the cost of the service isn't passed on to the user via a booking fee then it falls on the event organiser who then has to increase ticket prices to compensate. Ultimately, as with every other cost of staging the festival, someone has to pay.

On the wider point, I'm delighted Jim has succeeded in staging Rhythm again this year. I send him best wishes from my own Stokes Bay Festival and wish him every success. He deserves to do well.

Pete (Medina)

P.S. Stokes Bay also uses an online ticket agency that charges a booking fee, though the festival insists it's never more than 10% of the ticket price. Anyone who doesn't want to pay the fee can order tickets by post direct from the Festival office with no booking fee added. You have the choice.

Good to see 2 responses from organisers......

Its plain to see from thge site that tickets can be bought elswhere without fees... but sorry Jimbob Dynamo--the fact remains.... if someone was to phone up and buy one ticket.... they are charged £10 to do so.

And you are claiming thats a bargain?

You can go through all the maths and (re) explain people have to be paid etc etc.... our staff have to be on call 24hrs a day... but we dont charge £10 admin.

Who`s asking to be able to buy tickets 24/7 anyway?

Its not that you ie The festival are alone in this..its widespread.

I fully accept that in todays business world, one cant expect to get owt fer nowt... but it just seems so wrong that these amounts are being charged simply to be allowed to buy a product.

Personally--- I would prefer the total cost of the ticket be raised and then advertised as NO BOOKING FEES.

I`d still be paying but would "know" about it.

den

Just a quicky to let people know that the (almost complete) line-up is now posted on the website...

http://www.rhythmfestival.net/whatson.html

...and if anyone wants to buy an early bird ticket, you've got until midnight on Tuesday 31/03/09 before the price goes up.

Edited by rhythm2006