****Glastonbury Sold Out****

Guest mike99

Clever ticket marketing really. They can now claim it to be "sold out"

It's not at all.

Anyone who paid a deposit of £50 has £40 given back to them. They've lost a tenner...

I suspect they'll be a reasonable amount of tickets back on sale, far more than there should be for a "sold out" event anyway...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is NO way it sold out last year, maybe over the site radio station to make people feel like they were at a sold out event. but if it had sold out ME would have been able to give a lot more money to charity.

the whole sold out thing was to try and ensure that the Big G didnt lose its cool, which was never going to happen, just a lot of people (myself included) uffering mud fatigue and deciding to do something different last year.

Clever ticket marketing really. They can now claim it to be "sold out"

It's not at all.

Anyone who paid a deposit of £50 has £40 given back to them. They've lost a tenner...

I suspect they'll be a reasonable amount of tickets back on sale, far more than there should be for a "sold out" event anyway...

i'm a student and i only earn £30 a week from part time work. then december was xmas and january was bill paying time. if i had known there wasn't going to be an april batch then i would've risked bailiffs for a ticket, but i didn't know.

Does anyone else think that something seems a bit odd? I'm really surprised that even the coach tickets have ALL gone? There usually hard to shift. I don't know anyone who bought those..mmm

I must admit I didn't really listen to the warnings from ME, as so often what he says is propaganda etc. and turns out to be rubbish. :) .Now a couple of my friends have no tickets cos they left it too late..oh dear :)

The ones on sale yesterday were the 10% of ticket sales that were suspended at some point last week from the main sale. The ones going on sale in April will be the ones from the £50 deposit scheme. That's what is being infered as far as I can tell. There won't be a huge amount in April, but given that most people will have their tickets I wouldn't be too concerned if you really want them. It's not even going to be the usual ratio of a normal April sale, and every single diehard goer will no doubt have their ticket by now, with a few left over given financial circumstances etc.

Tickets have been on sale for over 3 months, I reckon anyone who wants one in April and gets at it from 9am will get one. We'll have to see. After that they'll have the small May returns resale too. I've never seen a year yet where people who have stayed on the forums and really kept at it haven't managed to get a ticket.

I don't reckon they have sold out. Nothing like a bit of marketing to keep people excited. Just on the basis of my usual group of mates who every year get panic stricken about getting Glasto tickets on April 5th, only three of us actually have tickets at this stage. This is out of about 30 of us who go every year. It was just so early, and having gotten used to April ticket day from being able to buy your ticket a week beforehand, to now buy a ticket in October?! There's Christmas to come before Glasto tickets are accounted for :)

The smart thing to do is suspend ticket sales. They did that last week too. They'll need time to process people's extra payments for the deposit scheme, they certainly won't have wanted to risk reselling already sold tickets from the deposit scheme down to human error (payment not processed properly, overlooked payment etc). Every year we see mistakes made in the ticketing office, there can be no way that people had until 23.59 one night to clear their deposits and then they were ready to sell the returns from that sale by noon the next day.

I don't reckon they have sold out. Nothing like a bit of marketing to keep people excited. Just on the basis of my usual group of mates who every year get panic stricken about getting Glasto tickets on April 5th, only three of us actually have tickets at this stage. This is out of about 30 of us who go every year. It was just so early, and having gotten used to April ticket day from being able to buy your ticket a week beforehand, to now buy a ticket in October?! There's Christmas to come before Glasto tickets are accounted for :)

The smart thing to do is suspend ticket sales. They did that last week too. They'll need time to process people's extra payments for the deposit scheme, they certainly won't have wanted to risk reselling already sold tickets from the deposit scheme down to human error (payment not processed properly, overlooked payment etc). Every year we see mistakes made in the ticketing office, there can be no way that people had until 23.59 one night to clear their deposits and then they were ready to sell the returns from that sale by noon the next day.

it's certainly the case that 90%+ of tickets were sold before they were taken off sale last week. I'm not relying on what might be spun info from GF for that fact.

There's no need to panic about the April resale though because most people will already have their tickets. I just reckon that that "sold out" figure doesn't include people who haven't paid the full ticket price after paying their deposits. Any proper info available on that?

but, if bands are announced, or rumours get stronger (as they will), then they'll be loads of new extra people saying "I've just got to be there".

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/42493

thats the nme's article on this, they suggest that the specials will the be "fourth headliner"

i would be veryy veryy annoyed if that were the case, surely ME wouldn't do that, especially since the rumour mill has included, coldplay, arctic monkeys, r*d**h**d and god knows who else, someone bigger and more relevant than the specials for the fourth headline slot i hope. no offence to specials fans of course :)

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/42493

thats the nme's article on this, they suggest that the specials will the be "fourth headliner"

i would be veryy veryy annoyed if that were the case, surely ME wouldn't do that, especially since the rumour mill has included, coldplay, arctic monkeys, r*d**h**d and god knows who else, someone bigger and more relevant than the specials for the fourth headline slot i hope. no offence to specials fans of course :)

The 90% sold figure was mid way through January. Based on the "half sold" shortly after October 5th, that equates to a 500 per day run rate.

When tickets were withdrawn, one of the initial stories was that they really had run out. That would equate to a run rate of 1000 per day in the final two weeks. That's certainly possible, as the numbers ramp towards a sales deadline.

The Feb 2nd sales were, according to a few accounts, simply the deposit lapses. We don't know how many there were, but I think it's safe to assume that none of these were "held back" for April.

The April tickets then will be a combination of the spares unsold to locals, and returns. If I had to make a guess I'd say somewhere between 1000 - 5000.

If the festival is over subscribed by 'normal' levels (2-3 times is the figure I've heard previously), then there'll be massive contention for the April release. Maybe 50k or more demand for a very small number of tickets. In ratio terms, much more than a 'normal' Ticket day.

Given that GFL do try to sell every last ticket, and that the cancellation cut off is usually early May, there may well be some small resales after the April release.