****Glastonbury Sold Out****

Guest mike99

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone give any advice, what is the best way to be able to buy the tickets on 5th of april?

- telephone?

- internet?

and please consider i'm a non UK resident and live abroad.

cheers

Your best bet is to use both phone and internet as well as getting as many friends as you can to help you.

The ticket website will publish a telephone number and a separate URL link for foreign buyers. You just have to keep on phoning and keep on trying to get through on the website al morning for as long as it takes.

Good luck Koz

Edited by glasto_mongrel_2008

Typical ... tickets sold out, so now they can lean back and work out the line-up and not do further announcements. Respect for selling out so soon though. Even with boring and old, been there done that, headliners (rumours). On the other hand, The Boss, NY and Blur will attract an older crowd (like me). They can afford to buy tickets way up advance. I'm surely glad I got mine. I will stop thinking about it and working up the excitement until June. Don't care about the line-up anyways. With so much to do, there's always something you like or something new to get into. Main goal is to experience the famous Glastonbury vibe. Firsttimer from Holland signing out. See you in June.

I thought Glastonbury were going to send out email reminders a couple of days before. I missed the deadline as I was out of action in hospital so wouldn't have been able to have paid the deposit myself but an email reminder would have been seen by my family and the balance would have been paid. I'm really p..... off as I have paid in full for my ticket early on so as to get a camper van ticket but was leaving the balance for my wife and son tickets to be paid later. Any good people out there have any legal or illegal suggestions.

Says who? The festival has sold out - that's all tickets gone (none held back). The official website indicates that the resale for cancelled tickets is April: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

This is what it says "A very limited amount of cancelled tickets for this year's Festival will be sold on April 5th at 9am from www.seetickets.com/g2009, subject to availability and registration."

I thought Glastonbury were going to send out email reminders a couple of days before. I missed the deadline as I was out of action in hospital so wouldn't have been able to have paid the deposit myself but an email reminder would have been seen by my family and the balance would have been paid. I'm really p..... off as I have paid in full for my ticket early on so as to get a camper van ticket but was leaving the balance for my wife and son tickets to be paid later. Any good people out there have any legal or illegal suggestions.

is it just me who is realy confused about this whole pre sale tickets business?

i got the impression that the tickets that were on sale as of after the full depositis had been paid, were just more pre sale tickets?

from the faqs on the site i assumed the main batch of tickets were on sale in april... now its saying the only tickets on sale are refunds! the front page and the faqs say something different regarding the april batch.

i am pretty annoyed about this...

there is NO way it sold out last year, maybe over the site radio station to make people feel like they were at a sold out event. but if it had sold out ME would have been able to give a lot more money to charity.

the whole sold out thing was to try and ensure that the Big G didnt lose its cool, which was never going to happen, just a lot of people (myself included) uffering mud fatigue and deciding to do something different last year.

and the fact it didnt sell out.

friends of mine got the fear about missing it and turned up saturday morning and got sold tickets on the door.

thats not a sold out festy - it shouldnt matter either way. my bro loved it last year, as usual, and this year will be even better.