****Glastonbury Sold Out****

Guest mike99

The 90% sold figure was mid way through January. Based on the "half sold" shortly after October 5th, that equates to a 500 per day run rate.

When tickets were withdrawn, one of the initial stories was that they really had run out. That would equate to a run rate of 1000 per day in the final two weeks. That's certainly possible, as the numbers ramp towards a sales deadline.

I don't particularly think that it was the deadline - or not just the deadline anyhow - that was causing sales to ramp up as the deadline approached.

Every year in January I'm surprised by the massive traffic jump this website gets compared to December. It's very obviously the case that once xmas is passed people's thoughts turn towards the next year including the next summer, and so they start thinking about festivals.

And the jump that's seen each year on the first full working day back for most people in January carries on right thru the month, so that at the end of the month there's nearly double the daily visitors that there were at the beginning of the month. If these trends are matched by peoples purchasing of tickets then the deadline was very far from the only factor in the sales per day ramping up.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year in January I'm surprised by the massive traffic jump this website gets compared to December. It's very obviously the case that once xmas is passed people's thoughts turn towards the next year including the next summer, and so they start thinking about festivals.

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/42493

thats the nme's article on this, they suggest that the specials will the be "fourth headliner"

i would be veryy veryy annoyed if that were the case, surely ME wouldn't do that, especially since the rumour mill has included, coldplay, arctic monkeys, r*d**h**d and god knows who else, someone bigger and more relevant than the specials for the fourth headline slot i hope. no offence to specials fans of course :lol:

I'm a little confused, i have my tickets sorted all ready but a few friends were skint and couldnt do it. on the see website you still have an option to buy. is this just an error?

I think it just allows you to put your registration details in, then once that goes through it says that its sold out. You're friends will be lucky to get tickets come April 5th, NME are reporting that only cancelled and returned tickets will be on sale. They will be lucky if theres 2,000 tickets on sale + we will know a large part of the lineup by then so there will be a manic rush for those last batch of tickets.