GOING ON YOUR TOD

Guest pesimax

do it! i did for my first glastonbury, i met up with some people from an internet forum and had a great time.

there'll be a few 'singles' at the (un)official efestivals camp, meet up with the lovely people there. just do a search for '' & you'll get all the info you need.

I went on my own last year, and happily doing it again this year. The only advice i'd give is to take a little time finding a camping spot, either go to one of the meeting spots you'll find on here or have a wander and check out the people around you, i ended up camping with a lovely group of girls they really took me under their glasto wing, we had a great time have kept in touch and will be meeting up again this year.

Go, you won't regret it!! :angry:

Cheers for your reply's, i'll have a look at that triangle. I think i needed a bit of reassurance, just ordered the ticket now. See you all at glasto

Gx

Edited by glasto_mongrel_2008

I can only echo what just about everyone else has said here already. Come along to the Red Triangle & there will be loads of friendly folk to camp with. Lots of us already know each other, but only because we've camped together at festivals & gone to out of festi meets, all organised through & because of these boards.

There will be a phone number swap (through the private messaging thingy on here) nearer the time, so make sure you get some numbers in your phone & call when you near the camp & someone can come & find you & introduce you if you find the thought of just introducing yourself to a big bunch of people too daunting. I know I would.

Come along to the efests meet at the Cider Bus too. What could be better that a quiet cider with your new mates on a lovely summer evening!

"I think it was an even more special experience to be able to see certain things alone and be able to absorb eveything I was seeing. Rather than having to discuss it with a whinging mate who wants to go and watch some gash pop group, is hungry, their legs ache and they constantly tell you "ooh you shouldn't take that, you're certain to die if you smoke that!" You really will have an awesome time"

Lol!!! Perfect. :):):)

Sometimes you just have to trust yourself and other people. I think part of a festival should be meeting new people that you wouldn't ordinarily have the chance to.

You KNOW what Ferris Bueller would say;

"The question isn't what are we going to do, the question is what aren't we going to do?

And

" We've seen everything good. We've seen the whole city! We went to a museum, we saw priceless works of art! We ate pancreas! "

Edited by Josie's Cat

Making friends at Glasto or most other festivals is easy. The first time I went on my own 15 or so years ago (like you having been let down at the last minute by a friend) a great group of women helped me put up my tent, offered me coffee and I joined their gang. We've been meeting up in the same spot ever since and our gang has steadily grown every year to over 20.

The biggest problem going to Glasto on your own is lugging all of your gear from the car park to where you camp. It's a long walk if you have to make a couple of trips. A wheelbarrow or trolley with decent sized wheels can help.

The camp is not organised by eFestivals, but collectivly by members and boarders of the efestivals forum. Absolutly everyone is invited. :D It is kind of first come first serve. So far there is 100+ people on the list (boarders plus their friends) who intend on camping in the Triangle so obviously that is a huge amount of space and trying to save it for everyone is impossible. So advice is to arrive as early as possible aim to get as close as you can. :)

All the details you need will be in the thread posted earlier about where, when blah blah... Keep an eye on it for up to date info when it comes closer to the time.

I went to 4 festivals on 'my own' last year and camped with e fests. I can't imagine not going to a festival on my own again - Glastomongrel summed it up superbly earlier in the thread. Doing what you want when you want, with a brilliant group of people about for when you want company (as well as camping banter) is, for me, the ONLY way to go :unsure:

Over the space of Weds to Sunday last year I met two lads who had come with the ex girlfriends.

They had split up between buying the tickets and the end of June , but did not want to miss the

festival.

I think in both cases , they got their tickets and then wandered off on their own to find a place

to camp.

Hope they had a good festival !!

I really enjoyed a lot of the time i spent by myself last year..

It gave me much more opportunity to speak to random strangers and make new friends :lol:

Although i have to say i did feel a little lonely at times during the day when i had nobody to turn round to and go 'isnt this amazing' :P

but on the whole i'd say its fine :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

I'm not going or camping on my own, but I really want to spend some time wandering around and meeting new people etc this year.

Last year wasn't my first festival, but was my first Glasto. I was in a large group and although I had a pretty good time, I felt like there was more to it than moving between the bigger stages all the time.

When I did wander off on my own, I think I still stayed too much "in town", and didn't really come across any groovy, friendly people who one could have a chat with.

The exceptions to this were once when I was playing the guitar up in the green fields in the middle of the night, and another time in the Green Futures area whilst eating a falafel! Those occasions saw lovely people just come and sit with me/us and start chatting away.

So, my question is this: Where would you go if you were looking to meet some new friendly folks?