Strummercamp 2009

Guest IceCool_Kebab

Like you I am really looking forward to Strummercamp 4, although Billy Bragg has been confirmed there are a few rumours circulating on other boards, whatever, it looks like Los Amigos have pulled Strummercamp from the edge after last years hassles with the last minute venue change.

It has got to be the best value for money festival in the UK, 3 days for £60 is a snip and in the current economic climate that's just the tonic we need.

VIVA STRUMMERCAMP

See you behind the goals Mr Kebab

Edited by IceCool_Kebab

what's the crowd capacity of this festival and what's the camping like i.e. do you get a much space and are the facilities ok?

what time do the bands go on till?

any other comments about Strummercamp...the good, the bad?

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on the website.

Thanks for any info

what's the crowd capacity of this festival and what's the camping like i.e. do you get a much space and are the facilities ok?

what time do the bands go on till?

any other comments about Strummercamp...the good, the bad?

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on the website.

Thanks for any info

great to have a reason to post again here! flights and tickets are booked, tent, sleeping bag and air mattress ready, i could start today B)

i like the veterans tent, i'm curious who will play there. i would have bet some money on attila, but he is doing gigs elsewhere that whole weekend - i'll miss him!

@janice: it's a totally hassle-free event, i haven't witnessed one single act of aggression during the three past festivals although people clearly had a great time wth their beers. musically there's always something for everybody and a lot if you're open minded. i fly in from austria everytime and i i have never regretted it.

Edited by tele

TV SMITH is going to play on the sunday. That is great news and on his website he mentions that Goldblade will also play there. Well Goldblade is a big part of Strummercamp and we want John Robb and his merry men to be there every year so we hope this will be confirmed soon.

Vincent and the onepotts do also have Strummercamp on their giglist but i dont know anything about that band.

I just know that Strummercamp is really going to rock and roll this year.

Grab your tickets while you can...

Edited by IceCool_Kebab

TV SMITH is going to play on the sunday. That is great news and on his website he mentions that Goldblade will also play there. Well Goldblade is a big part of Strummercamp and we want John Robb and his merry men to be there every year so we hope this will be confirmed soon.

Vincent and the onepotts do also have Strummercamp on their giglist but i dont know anything about that band.

I just know that Strummercamp is really going to rock and roll this year.

Grab your tickets while you can...

• 2 weeks later...

Golty is awesome! Great Roots Reggae.

this is more than a substitute for last year's dub reggae tent, which i will miss this year.

John Player Specials are a young Ska band, another good addition to the line up.

let's see how many more aces the amigos still have up their sleeves

Strummercamp is shaping up nicely!

The confirmed acts are:

Saturday

BILLY BRAGG

THE MAHONES

GOLTY FARABEAU

Sunday

THE DAMNED

THE ALARM

TV SMITH

GOLDBLADE

Day yet to be confirmed

JOHN PLAYER SPECIALS

SPENCER

Also seems that The Clashed will do some Clash covers and I believe some young local bands from the Manchester area, i.e. Jealous will be confirmed soon. They are playing at another STRUMMERCAMP FUNDRAISER event at STAR & GARTER March 26th with Whiskey Bastards and Rasta4Eyes. Maybe they will all appear at STRUMMERCAMP in May????

Remember to check in on the website: www.strummercamp.co.uk and www.myspace.com/strummercampuk

Strummercamp is shaping up nicely!

The confirmed acts are:

Saturday

BILLY BRAGG

THE MAHONES

GOLTY FARABEAU

Sunday

THE DAMNED

THE ALARM

TV SMITH

GOLDBLADE

Day yet to be confirmed

JOHN PLAYER SPECIALS

SPENCER

Also seems that The Clashed will do some Clash covers and I believe some young local bands from the Manchester area, i.e. Jealous will be confirmed soon. They are playing at another STRUMMERCAMP FUNDRAISER event at STAR & GARTER March 26th with Whiskey Bastards and Rasta4Eyes. Maybe they will all appear at STRUMMERCAMP in May????

Remember to check in on the website: www.strummercamp.co.uk and www.myspace.com/strummercampuk

bah not 100% certain I can do it this year, rubbish I know <_<

have decided to pack my job in in july and move to london to study music event management end of august (thanks to one of the amigos guidance B) )

so my summer is limited, already going to glastonbury and possibly rebellion. am gonna try to do Scamp for my third year but all depends on the pennies! haha how will I ever cope being a pennyless student for 2 years?

bah not 100% certain I can do it this year, rubbish I know :)

have decided to pack my job in in july and move to london to study music event management end of august (thanks to one of the amigos guidance :D )

so my summer is limited, already going to glastonbury and possibly rebellion. am gonna try to do Scamp for my third year but all depends on the pennies! haha how will I ever cope being a pennyless student for 2 years?

THESE HAVE ALL BEEN ADDED TO STRUMMERCAMP:

TAKE THE 5TH

THE JOHN PLAYER SPECIALS

SPENCER

JEALOUS

THE CLASHED

PRESSURE DROP

HARIJAN

SHADOWCOPS

REVENGE OF THE PSYCHOTRONIC MAN

STAND OUT RIOT

WHISKEY BASTARDS

PINK HEARSE

RASTA FOUR EYES

COTTON TOWN MUSIC CLUB

THE CARLETONS

TONY AUTON

VINCENT AND THE ONE POTS

ACES AND EIGHTS

MIK ARTISTIC'S EGO TRIP

• 4 weeks later...
THESE HAVE ALL BEEN ADDED TO STRUMMERCAMP:

TAKE THE 5TH

THE JOHN PLAYER SPECIALS

SPENCER

JEALOUS

THE CLASHED

PRESSURE DROP

HARIJAN

SHADOWCOPS

REVENGE OF THE PSYCHOTRONIC MAN

STAND OUT RIOT

WHISKEY BASTARDS

PINK HEARSE

RASTA FOUR EYES

COTTON TOWN MUSIC CLUB

THE CARLETONS

TONY AUTON

VINCENT AND THE ONE POTS

ACES AND EIGHTS

MIK ARTISTIC'S EGO TRIP

things are getting serious!

everything is prepared except for a new bag (i bring my own tent this year, so i need a slightly bigger one)

i can't believe that almost a year has passed since the last event, looking forward to meet you all again!