fire wood

Guest AisyBabe

• 1 month later...

I have a good question actually and ive been thinking for ages on the best idea.

What is the best way to keep control of the fire??? Basically i mean whats the best kinda thing to hold it in thats easy to carry and also easy to get hold of?? Ive read about people using washing machine drums but how the hell do you get one of them out a washing machine :):)

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by TaylorT

I have a good question actually and ive been thinking for ages on the best idea.

What is the best way to keep control of the fire??? Basically i mean whats the best kinda thing to hold it in thats easy to carry and also easy to get hold of?? Ive read about people using washing machine drums but how the hell do you get one of them out a washing machine :):)

What is the best way to keep control of the fire??? Basically i mean whats the best kinda thing to hold it in thats easy to carry and also easy to get hold of?? Ive read about people using washing machine drums but how the hell do you get one of them out a washing machine :D:(

What is the best way to keep control of the fire??? Basically i mean whats the best kinda thing to hold it in thats easy to carry and also easy to get hold of?? Ive read about people using washing machine drums but how the hell do you get one of them out a washing machine :D:P

i brought a load of fire logs last year and only used one... wasn't cold at night and were far more interesting things going on round the site so only time i was at camp was when i was sleeping, making breakfast or nipping back for supplies... come to think of it i brought the same fire logs to solfest and never used them there either, one less thing to buy for this years glasto :)

:D last year we took a big disposable bbq up to the stones, you know the ones in the foil tins, cooked are grub then had a fire in that, and round the tent we cut away the turf ( using my essential swiss army knife) dug down a few inches and used the mud to surround the fire. Then when we left we just replaced the sod of turf. Remember kids.........don't play with fire!!........ :D

:D last year we took a big disposable bbq up to the stones, you know the ones in the foil tins, cooked are grub then had a fire in that, and round the tent we cut away the turf ( using my essential swiss army knife) dug down a few inches and used the mud to surround the fire. Then when we left we just replaced the sod of turf. Remember kids.........don't play with fire!!........ :D