Cash

Guest YouWhat

Went last year just for the Sunday, there on full ticket this year from Thursday evening, how much cash do you take?. Just for food ect. Or is it safer to take my bank card and drw out daily, as i am led to believe there are cash points,although i could not find them last year.

I take all the money I need for the entire time. I've known people to survive on £100 for the full festival and others take £500.00!

There are cash machines but there is normally a huge queue. You have been there a day so times whatever you spent by 5! Sorry that i'm not stating how much i will be taking but advising how much money you have with you is not a good idea!

i generally spend about £200 but i buy all my food and brothers' bar gets a large wodge.

i take £100 with me and then get another hundred out friday/saturday sometime. whenever i've run out.

the queues at the cash machines can get very long but if you go late at night or early morning it'll probably be about 20 minutes or less.

and if you go to the ones up by the farmhouse you can use the proper/flushing loos while you're there.

if you go to the pyramid stage, go to the far back of the field where the paths either side meet & there's a big tree. just walk up the hill from there for a couple of hundred yards and you'll see them. the medical centre's up there too should you need it.

there are a couple of other cash points on site but they're in the main markets and at the end of the railway track so there's people queueing there all the time.

they advise you to use your card at the machines. i had cash and card last year.

i tried to use the machines but they were either broken or run out of cash...

i tried to use my card in the shop and all the machines broke on the friday of the festival.

needless to say i wont ever be atempting to use a card again. CASH all the way!!!!!!

Last couple of years, I've often seen some cash points without queues on some occasions (they still worked and had cash, as some in our group got some). But I remember seeing unbelievably long queues (at any time of the day) back in 2005, since then, I've always taken enough cash to last me through, generally with a reserve for emergencies only.

Make sure you look after your cash, don't keep it all in one place, and use the lockups if necessary.

Depends on what you want to buy. If you buy all your food and beer on site that will easly up your budget by £100 if not more. Then if you want to buy stuff off the stalls you have to work out what you want to buy.

Authough my main advice would be turn up on wensday morning not thurs evening! And use the cash points at the farm, they dont charge and there generally isnt too much of a que. Go at night, just after the last band and before you go out and about for the night is a good time in my experance.

Just keep in mind that for a decent meal you may be paying in excess of £5 although you can get some stomach fillers for under £4 (garlic bread, corn on the cobs etc) but I personally will be taking more food this year to cook my own breakfast. I'll probably be spending more money on alcohol there as well this year since I was only able to afford a few pints over the course of the weekend.

i generally take just money, around 150/200 this year i think

but a card for backup is good as my mate found out last year when he fell asleep early wednesday night to wake to no money early tuesday morning, at least with the card he managed get some money wired to him.

I was wondering what do people leave their money in, in the lock-ups? (after last years fiasco i dont want to keep all my money on me) Obviously not going to hand over notes, but i'd feel weird giving them a wallet with the money in.

Do you get interest from the lock ups? B)

i generally take just money, around 150/200 this year i think

but a card for backup is good as my mate found out last year when he fell asleep early wednesday night to wake to no money early tuesday morning, at least with the card he managed get some money wired to him.

I was wondering what do people leave their money in, in the lock-ups? (after last years fiasco i dont want to keep all my money on me) Obviously not going to hand over notes, but i'd feel weird giving them a wallet with the money in.

Do you get interest from the lock ups? :D

Edited by paulo999

Although it might understandably seem odd to hand over a wallet, it'll be fine. They handle much much more valuable stuff and I've never read a report of anything going missing.

(I was in crew camping shared with Lock Up staff last year - I think I could have left my tent scattered with £20 notes, and wouldn't have found a single one out of place coming back. :D )