Cornbury 2009

Guest outtolunch

http://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/wghead...s_to_do_a_deal/

I had a couple of very enjoyable years here and it is a busy little festival but according to the listing on efestivals the price for this year is already up to £140 + camper which I think last year was £30 so I am surprised it hasnt made a profit for 5 years and can see that it will be without my patronage again this year unless they come up with a headliner that is unmissable.

Well, apparently the organiser is hoping to sell half of the festival to avoid making any future losses and he's in talks with various festival types - let's hope it's not that mean fiddler lot! I'm also hoping it's not going to change too much because it has got a nice vibe to it with no hassle etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the vibe of Cornbury so really hope it doesn't change with the advent of a partner. Mind you they've done pretty well up till now and, apart from the first year and last, always seem to come up with great weather too.

I'm going anyway as I managed to get one of the early bird tickets before Christmas at reduced prices- don't really mind who the line up is although somebody as good as Nick Lowe was last year will make me happy :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to moan

Shame really.

Ticket prices for kids at £45.00 when they are 6 + £20.00 each for them to camp !!

OK - I know there are some concessions for under 12's available at the moment - but this is extortionate !

Think the organisers have got this dreadfully wrong