Length of Campervans

Guest Sam Crawley

So we've just reserved a campervan to go to Glasto with, but I've noticed that due to availability we've been switched to a model that is 7.41m (from one which was just under 7m) . According to Glasto rules for Campers over 7m you have to have a second permit. Do you think they'll pick up on our van being just over? And if they do, will they just charge for another permit or turn us away? I suppose the second permit is for huge Winnebago things, not for a van that's just over the limit..

I suppose the answer is that given how much we've just forked out for the van, it would be pretty stupid to take the risk over another 60 quid or so.

Well i think you would have to be jolly unlucky.

Our van is 21 foot (6.48m) long, and noone checked it at all. There were some(coachie stylee) that there were miles longer than ours onsite !

I cant see any issue with being 0.5m over, as some people had tents etc, pitched behind /in front of theirs |??

Edited by BeddyDriver

So we've just reserved a campervan to go to Glasto with, but I've noticed that due to availability we've been switched to a model that is 7.41m (from one which was just under 7m) . According to Glasto rules for Campers over 7m you have to have a second permit. Do you think they'll pick up on our van being just over? And if they do, will they just charge for another permit or turn us away? I suppose the second permit is for huge Winnebago things, not for a van that's just over the limit..

I suppose the answer is that given how much we've just forked out for the van, it would be pretty stupid to take the risk over another 60 quid or so.

Edited by DaveMac