Getting a coach from Manchester to the festival...

Guest ProperTea

We normally travel to the festival on the train, but this year we're thinking of buying coach tickets so we don't have to lug our bags from one train to the other when our journey is broken up. I just wondered if anyone could let me know how long it takes to get to the festival site on the coach from Manchester?

Edited by grchughes

We normally travel to the festival on the train, but this year we're thinking of buying coach tickets so we don't have to lug our bags from one train to the other when our journey is broken up. I just wondered if anyone could let me know how long it takes to get to the festival site on the coach from Manchester?

We got the coach from Manchester in 07 - I think it took about 6 hours to get there.

Getting back was a nightmare - we had a coach booked at 7am on Monday and got there with loads of time to spare. But nobody was checking tickets and people who had missed the earlier coaches were filling up the later ones. After about 2.5 hours we finally managed to get on a coach but there were a lot of angry people behind us. Not what you need after staying up all night!

Does anyone know if the system has improved?

On the plus side when we finally got a seat I got my sleeping bag out, closed my eyes and woke up as we were getting off the motorway in Manchester!

went ourselves last year and it was easy enough,with stops ,apart from the driver trying to driver through the centre of Bristol's horrendous road works, and going all the way 'round the Tor ,and missing most correct turnings . ended up a bit of a laugh to tell the truth as the passengers were giving the directions,the sat nav was faf,kept telling him to turn left every 100metres ! we're doing it again this year anyway . :P

• 4 weeks later...

i went from manchester last year (via national express), i think we got the 9.30am one, and although the estimated time was 6 hours, it was actually less than that, though i assume that depends on traffic. noone was able to push in as the driver had a list of names.

if it was as convenient as last year, then i would reccomend it as i found it completely hassle free!

i went from manchester last year (via national express), i think we got the 9.30am one, and although the estimated time was 6 hours, it was actually less than that, though i assume that depends on traffic. noone was able to push in as the driver had a list of names.

if it was as convenient as last year, then i would reccomend it as i found it completely hassle free!