What has been one of your highlights of previous Glastonburys that hasn't been about the music.

Guest DAVA

Jazz Stage on cider. Lying under the flags in the sun, eyes closed.

Suddenly aware that the mood had changed. Looking up to find a "Circus Animal" on 4 stilts with Black Rubber Spikes, done up in bondage gear is standing over us, just rocking back and forward! A camera moment, shame we didn't have one!

:P

I was wondering what people's most memorable experiences about the festival was, because we all know that Glastonbury is much more than just the music. :lol: ... What has been a highlight?
Edited by DaveMac

All the above plus the people, the amazing choice of food from all around the world and just walking around and taking in the sights. It changes so much by night as well.

I could enjoy Glasto if there was no music - there's so much else to see. Walk, walk, walk and enjoy.

All the above plus the people, the amazing choice of food from all around the world and just walking around and taking in the sights. It changes so much by night as well.

I could enjoy Glasto if there was no music - there's so much else to see. Walk, walk, walk and enjoy.

I think that for me it is to do with wandering around the Festival site at night seeing lots of lovely sights e.g.

ac74vs.jpg

I remember walking around the Healing Fields late on the saturday night and there were (seemingly) hundreds of candles in paper bags dotted around that general area e.g.

30bd3x5.jpg

I think that photo (not mine) was of the maze there in the Healing Fields. Anyway it was a very still evening, quite late, and there was hardly a soul around.

I was one of the few people in that area at that particular time - thinking 'this something I will never forget - this is my own personal Glastonbury moment'. ;)

Also I remember over the course of the Saturday evening a stately procession of Fire Lanterns drifting out over the festival site into the distance in the still evening air - one every few minutes. There must have been dozens of them released over that evening. Pure Magic memory as well.

No photos of those fire lanterns though B) ....

Nice thread - brought back some good memories for me :D

Nic pic of the lantern stall...did that come from the FB Glasto group per chance? Cos its my pic...lol. I took it at Glasto 2007!

Totally magical it was too! :P

Edited by DaveMac

No this is not my photo - I collected it somewhere off the net referencing the GF but I went past that stall a number of times.

If that's your photo hope you don't mind me using it as it does illustrate the beauty of Glastonbury by night. B)

You got the exposure just right - it's great picture :P

n542541710_60624_9711.jpg

n542541710_60612_7813.jpg

Admittedly not the best photos, but better than nothing I hope? :lol:

The first time I went to the stone circle I couldn't believe how quiet it was....at times (and at the time I arrived). Then you get the rumbling of people cheering, and the drums start and people dance with fire. I was mesmorised by it all and ended up staying there all night on my own chatting to randoms. I love nothing more than going up there late at night with a blanket or three and getting a fire going, sitting around it and sharing spliffs and drinks with good people. I love it. Then you watch the sun rise, go back to your tent for a bit of sleep, wake up and have all the next day to enjoy before you can do all that again. Wonderful.

Its definately my pic...I recognised it straight away!

Of course I don't mind...Everyone knows the internet is Public Domain and its there for all to enjoy.

The exposure is just right cos I have an automatic digital..lol. Trust me, Im not the photographer you may think I am!

Im hoping to get some really good shots this year, there is so much at Glasto that is amazing you just wouldn't believe it unless you saw it. Even with that pic above you still can't feel how magical and enchanting it was. Me and My hubby just stood staring for ages.

Oh, and about the chinese fire lanterns...you can buy them all over the place now....planning on getting some cos they are just lush. I first saw them in Thailand and sitting up at the stone circle with thousands of other people in the middle of the night, with these lanterns slowly drifting away - outstanding. Nothing compares to it. :lol:

Edited by DaveMac

on the wednesday night in 07 we went wandering, as you do, and found ourselves in the old tipi field. sat by the fire for a bit then some folks started playing fiddles and dancing. it sounds like nothing at all but my friends and i just looked at each other with tears in our eyes. i can't explain why. i'm getting a bit teary now remembering how happy we were.

HURRY UP JUNE! :)