Is It Worth Taking A Trolley?

Guest Mark Joseph Ashbridge

I know there are a few threads about which trolleys are the best and what not but my question is, is it worth taking a trolley to the festivals?

Going to Leeds and Glastonbury, how far could you have to walk roughly from drop off point to where you would be camping?

Trying to decide whether it would be a worthwhile investment or not

if you do, make sure you get a decent one and nothing folding. it will collapse due to the rough ground and you'll end up carrying your gear anyway.

i'm thinking about not taking mine this year though, i tend to pack light & can get everything in my rucksack. i take spirits & buy my mixers in there so i haven't got crates of beer to hump.

Edited by pezzypops

It depends on which car park you are, the nearest entrance point (there are 4 I think) and where you want to camp. there are feectively 21 different fields that you camp in. Also, if you know you are going to take loads of stuff the question is whether it would bother you to make 2 journeys or, take a trolley and hit it all in one.

I take a trolley and after using it I store it in the lock ups (which are free and open 24 hours).

not if its a lightweight or folding one, seen quite a few of them knackered within a few hundred yards of the entrance (usually with a couple of people stood beside it wondering how the hell they were going to move their stuff) i parked near PGD and it took three trips to carry all our gear in rucksacks to dragon which was a nightmare after travelling for nearly 24 hrs without any sleep B) couldnt face doing it again on the monday afternoon so i 'borrowed' a wheelbarrow i seen in the carpark and it was a lifesaver, definately bringing my own this year. btw i did leave it back where i found it before i get any 'not the glasto spirit' complaints and i also wheeled a young lady from PGD to the stone circle to make up for it (not because she was absolutely gorgeous or anything :huh: ) so thanks to whoever owned it :D

if you do, make sure you get a decent one and nothing folding. it will collapse due to the rough ground and you'll end up carrying your gear anyway.

i'm thinking about not taking mine this year though, i tend to pack light & can get everything in my rucksack. i take spirits & buy my mixers in there so i haven't got crates of beer to hump.

If you have the space in the car a garden trolley with rubber wheels, foldaway sides, and bungees to keep it all in place is a great idea, its not difficult to pull; you pile everything on it (no lugging) and as someone else on this thread suggested store it in the lock ups when your done.

Depending on where you are directed to park the lugging can be backbreaking and can take all day.

Another idea is pack very light then buy every thing on site, Joe Bananas sell camping chairs, air beds ect