First time at Glasto

Guest YouWhat

Just two questions from a first timer. Well first time camping!! as last year i went on a Sunday ticket.

1.... I cna't get to the festival untill aroung 6.30 pm on Thursday,bringing my daughter (28) with me,want to camp in fairly quiet area,not bothered how far from stages,just at my age i can't say i would relish the noise and squeeze in the camps near the stage. Were would i likley get in.

2...Now i know i have asked about camping areas,but i have the option of not camping as i live approx 20 miles from Glastonbury, can i use my ticket to just visit daily,and would my car park pass be ok to use as well.

If i could get there on Wednesday i would camp no problem, but from what i have been reading i may not get a decent camping pitch.

Any advice for a newbie.

:)

I think you may as well just camp at the festival, save you petrol every day and you'd have to do lots of long walks from the car parks. Theres plenty of spaces on Thursday and luckily for you its usually the quiet ones that are quite a bit away from the stage. The atmosphere is still nice though.

If you are not bothered where you camp, and want somewehere distant from the main stages, you wont have any bother.

Just pop along and see the Stewards at the first camp site you come to, and ask them where the emptier areas are.

Most people dont want to be too far from the stages, hence the busier areas, but if you dont mind a walk you really wont have an issue.

You shouldn't have a problem with getting a pitch in the quiet areas, as the busiest one are the ones that are near the main stages and dance villages, I would recommend either the dairy ground (which I have stayed in before and is relativly quiet) or paines ground, both of which are behind the park.

I'm also quite local and would advise camping while you're there, it will save money and energy getting to and from the car parks. You would also lose the brilliant atmosphere that you get when camping on site, which is second to none.

You shouldn't have a problem with getting a pitch in the quiet areas, as the busiest one are the ones that are near the main stages and dance villages, I would recommend either the dairy ground (which I have stayed in before and is relativly quiet) or paines ground, both of which are behind the park.

I'm also quite local and would advise camping while you're there, it will save money and energy getting to and from the car parks. You would also lose the brilliant atmosphere that you get when camping on site, which is second to none.