ticket buying trouble from outside UK

Guest dvs123

This forum is godsent! How else would you know that Seetickets are HOPELESS.

It's particularly bad for non-UK residents to get tickets. They can't seem to cope with the concept.

The paying the full amount online DOES NOT WORK for overseas. I tried over and over and over (different combos etc) and no go (the system CAN'T (and couldn't last year as well) cope with a non-UK postcode (but that's a whole other story). Thank goodness I read this forum - everyone is having all sorts of problems with the online site.

So I rang the International phone line - note the Glasto Festival FAQ says:

"If you are permanently living abroad, you can only buy tickets online, or by telephoning the International Ticket Sales Line 0044 1159 934 183. No UK sales will be accepted on this line."

So I rings and go through the whole series of Q&As (mind you the girl couldn't give me ANY information about the insurance - it's on the internet she says - yeh I've just spent 'how much?' on this international phone call so far and now I'll waste that and ring off go online and read up on it. I did look for the infor this AM and COULD NOT find anything about the insurance on their website - I know it's there somewhere but it's well hidden but again another story another day) and then I give my credit card number and she says oooh it's not a debit card and I says but I'm 'international' and can pay with a credit card and she says 'ooh I'll have to put you onto my supervisor' - hang on I thought NO UK sales would be accepted on that number???

I did get to finalise the payment with the supervisor. But the confirmation number he gave me doesn't work on tracker (again thanks to this forum I know there's usually a problem with external and internal confirmation numbers or something like that ho hum).

Now though I'll be stressed till the tickets arrive in the mail. It's nice we 'internationals' don't have to queue for HOURS (mainly because they haven't sorted the tickets in alphabetical order and each person that goes to collect they had to look through the whole lot to find them - how STOOOPID is that) to collect our tickets at the gate now but will they take into account the fact that us 'internationals' will be leaving our country of residence maybe weeks before the festival.

Thanks again for bearing with me on this but I know that there'll be others that will benefit from my experience as I have from others.

;)