The Big 4 0

Guest Dave Letorey

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I'm here to invite you all to my birthday party. Well one of them any way. I've decided to have 4 in total one for every 10 years I've been alive. One of them, the one I'm asking you all to attend is going to be whilst we're all away in Glastonbury.

At the moment I'm thinking Midnight on the Wednesday or Thursday at the Stone Circle. Just depends on what else is going on.

I shall like last year be camping in with all those nutters I met last year (yes you kknow who you are)

I'm also hoping to be able to provide such delights as Birthday cake and Jammy Dodgers and if at all possible Jelly (I don't think ice cream would work.)

What's everyone think

Dave xxxxx

May I enquire if you're older than 55? :D

There's an oldest Glasto virgin award thread around somewhere, and 55 is the tops so far. Might be a prize involved, can't remember......

Oh bugger....i'm only 50!! So no prize for me. Its the boyfriends 1st time too....but he's a mere babe at 43 and has done other festivals....but i'm goin 4 the big one for my 1st

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe everyone will sing you happy birthday at the stone circle, that would be special! I wish my birthday was in June, you're so lucky Birthday Dave! If you hear some girl hollering "Has anyone seen Birthday Dave? Birthday Dave where are you?" that will probably be me with a cider in hand for you :lol:

May I enquire if you're older than 55? :lol:

There's an oldest Glasto virgin award thread around somewhere, and 55 is the tops so far. Might be a prize involved, can't remember......

Oh bugger....i'm only 50!! So no prize for me. Its the boyfriends 1st time too....but he's a mere babe at 43 and has done other festivals....but i'm goin 4 the big one for my 1st

I'n 75 tomorrow,honest,and it's my first Glasto this year,honest. Can I have my money now please !!!

Nah but seriously first timer at 52 years and can't wait.

Oi mate/one and all...found you this awesome website...

How to Make Boozy Jelly Shots Me, I am partial to Margarita Jellies...went down a storm in 04.

Have been checking out the absinth recipes too...this is going to be fun fun fun!

A conga to the post Cider Meet Meets COULD actually be the best way to get us all up there :lol: (if anyone can remember the fiasco of last year's attempt to get us all to the SC!!!)...and a specific location is needed...top right corner of field near the entrance/exit that allows us an easy stagger along the back of Pennards back to CT is the best suggestion I have heard. Not so busy, a bloody awesome view for the noobs and returnees and easy to get to without having to walk through the whole SC.

Oi mate/one and all...found you this awesome website...

How to Make Boozy Jelly Shots Me, I am partial to Margarita Jellies...went down a storm in 04.

Have been checking out the absinth recipes too...this is going to be fun fun fun!

A conga to the post Cider Meet Meets COULD actually be the best way to get us all up there :lol: (if anyone can remember the fiasco of last year's attempt to get us all to the SC!!!)...and a specific location is needed...top right corner of field near the entrance/exit that allows us an easy stagger along the back of Pennards back to CT is the best suggestion I have heard. Not so busy, a bloody awesome view for the noobs and returnees and easy to get to without having to walk through the whole SC.

I'll help sort this one so as many get one as possible. And as there's a fridge at Old Oakes we should be able to make a fair few. And this means I may bring Margarita jellies too! Am on the case for as cheap as possible lidded placcy cups but tbh the cheapo non lidded ones will do speshly if they are out of the fridge that morning!

May I enquire if you're older than 55? :P