Me wants DUBSTEP!

Guest crimsonking

i cant be bothered to get into a debate but ALL electronic is essentially the same stuff structure wise, that fact u hate dubstep but like electro to some people, is laughable. but its each to his own.

dubstep is massive, whether you like it or not.

but to answer the original post, caspa, rusko, benga, skream and appleblim all played last year.

Edited by Brizzle

Are you from Preston, Mr Dubstep lover? Everyone in Preston seems to have caught onto this Dubstep craze (I do understand it isn't a new type of music, just fashionable at the moment.) in Preston of late. In my opinion it is awful.

I think maybe people see Dubstep as being the 'in' thing at the moment, so wanna be associated with it? But I might be wrong.

Are you from Preston, Mr Dubstep lover? Everyone in Preston seems to have caught onto this Dubstep craze (I do understand it isn't a new type of music, just fashionable at the moment.) in Preston of late. In my opinion it is awful.

I think maybe people see Dubstep as being the 'in' thing at the moment, so wanna be associated with it? But I might be wrong.

no, i am from bristol, and i feel very sorry for you living in preston.

but i do take your point of it being the "in" thing atm. "so this is what the cool kids listen to" kind of thing.

for me, i enjoy listening to and mixing a variety of underground genres. dubstep just happens to be one of them.

I am also a Brizzle resident, and it does seem like to alot of people its just a kinda fashion thing. Fair enough if you like it, but some people get so pretentious about it - I went to a free party on the downs orgainized by a mate, and they just played dubstep really, and everyone there was taking themselves SO seriously and dancing in a hilarious fashion. I can understand the appeal of listening to it whilst gurning off your face, what with the massive bass and all, but alot of people take K and listen to it... the thought of being K'd in a club with dubstep really loud is so very unnapealing

i love dubstep music. i do like other electronic genres and obviously lots of other stuff. but i have a real thing for dubstep and i can honestly say its not cos its popular. two reasons really.

1. i find more and more if you go to gigs that the people there are not really much of a laugh and the crowd associated with dubstep and DnB nights are just really up for it and really nice. you can go there and feel safe even tho everyones off their face basically.

2. i think it is really original musically. granted, there are those who make it really generic and just copy what is popular. but artists such as Benga, in my opinion, could be claimed to push music forward with every single song, seriously, the sounds that guy creates, he doesn't bother releasing it unless it is doing something new.

thats my 2 cents on dubstep

i love dubstep music. i do like other electronic genres and obviously lots of other stuff. but i have a real thing for dubstep and i can honestly say its not cos its popular. two reasons really.

1. i find more and more if you go to gigs that the people there are not really much of a laugh and the crowd associated with dubstep and DnB nights are just really up for it and really nice. you can go there and feel safe even tho everyones off their face basically.

2. i think it is really original musically. granted, there are those who make it really generic and just copy what is popular. but artists such as Benga, in my opinion, could be claimed to push music forward with every single song, seriously, the sounds that guy creates, he doesn't bother releasing it unless it is doing something new.

thats my 2 cents on dubstep

wow thats a nice generalisation....ive been to god knows how many dubstep nights and seen barely anyone like that, there are certainly more at indie electro/breaks nights thats for sure. dubstep lot you get people whop are there for the music which is a good thing

i am also a bristol resident! did anyoen go to native last friday? joker and chef played, it was cool

wow thats a nice generalisation....ive been to god knows how many dubstep nights and seen barely anyone like that, there are certainly more at indie electro/breaks nights thats for sure. dubstep lot you get people whop are there for the music which is a good thing

i am also a bristol resident! did anyoen go to native last friday? joker and chef played, it was cool