ICE

Guest Glazieyes

If you are desperate to keep your drinks cold you could try a few of these..

Ice Packs

Set them off and then wrap them around your drinks.

Either that or Dry Ice

My colleagues at work went with a group of twenty last year and used Dry ice.

However I am not sure how they got hold of it or if there are any restrictions using it.

Good luck

I wouldn't suggest using dry ice as it burns when you touch it! It would last 24/36 hours in a special container but to get any beers out you would have to wear special gloves!

Also i'm not sure if the cans wouldn't shatter once you put it in.

I've heard that wrapping cans in wet newspaper and putting them in a shaded area of your tent will help to keep them cool, never tried it though so no guarantees!

To keep cans cool, soak a towel in water and wrap round a couple of cans and lay in the sunshine.

The heat in the water will start to evaporate and take the heat from its surroundings (ie the cans) as it evaporates thus leaving the cans cooler than they were before. More info on endothermic reactions here.

It works I've done it a few times before!

To keep cans cool, soak a towel in water and wrap round a couple of cans and lay in the sunshine.

The heat in the water will start to evaporate and take the heat from its surroundings (ie the cans) as it evaporates thus leaving the cans cooler than they were before. More info on endothermic reactions here.

That is not an endothermic reaction, but a simple state change or phase transition.

Putting anything in the sun to cool is counter-productive!