Can't remember if I've posted this before

Guest OneLittleFish

Clicky

This BBC HYS makes me even more excited about Glasto, in that if it's something that seems to piss off the racists, idiots, bigots and other general numpties that make up seemingly most of the BBC Have Your Say site then it must be an amazing festival :lol:

Must say, this one is probably my favourite:

Why on earth would you pay £145 to camp in a dirty field, full of unkempt, fetid fellow campers, stand in mud up to your knees just to watch the latest musical fads plus historic hangers on, when for less than that you could be enjoying SIX Proms, including a full Wagnerian opera, AND the fabled Last Night, performed by world class musicians not repetitive amateurs, for under £120? All in the glorious, clean, sanitary surroundings of the majestic Royal Albert Hall!!

[Nissarana]

Edited by OneLittleFish

Some sensible people though

What's all this about the sound system having to be turned down? I'm a middle-aged, middle class Tory fart for whom Glastonbury is the last place on Earth I'd want to spend a weekend, but can Britain's lifeless people not relinquish their stranglehold on peace and quiet for just one weekend? Thoughtlessly insisting on silence is just as selfish as thoughtlessly playing loud music. If my neighbours wanted to party for one weekend a year, I'd be happy for them. Is it too much to ask? And you wonder why we have no "society" - it's because too many people don't want anyone else to do anything that might inconvenience them in any way. For God's sake, lighten up - live and let live!
Edited by benisright

What's all this about the sound system having to be turned down? I'm a middle-aged, middle class Tory fart for whom Glastonbury is the last place on Earth I'd want to spend a weekend, but can Britain's lifeless people not relinquish their stranglehold on peace and quiet for just one weekend? Thoughtlessly insisting on silence is just as selfish as thoughtlessly playing loud music. If my neighbours wanted to party for one weekend a year, I'd be happy for them. Is it too much to ask? And you wonder why we have no "society" - it's because too many people don't want anyone else to do anything that might inconvenience them in any way. For God's sake, lighten up - live and let live!

I like this man. He's on a good level in life. A happy man, I suspect.

Edited by Sam.

Think Sam has nailed it - happy people generally don't throw screwing fits at other people enjoying themselves!

The smoking ban does affect tents though, you can't smoke in any enclosed public space can you? So there probably is less chance of "accidentally" inhaling someone else's pot smoke now, 'cos everyone will have to smoke outside.

I wonder how strict the festival will be on this?

I live in Glastonbury and I often see people writing in to local papers complaining about the noise from glastonbury.

IT IS SO PATHETIC!!! Grrr it makes me so angry.

Most of the sound is gone by 1:00, I doubt the levels of sound after that would keep many people awake.

The levels of major acts are turned down so that it might ruin people's experience of watching certain bands.

If levels were turned down too low it could cause lots of people to rush forwards, potentially leading to people being injured.

It's only one weekend a year, surely people can forfeit a few hours sleep for the enjoyment of thousands of people?

As long as people are sensible there is no reason why the traffic should be any more than a minor nuisance when trying to drive around.

Lots of money goes to charity.

Each person living in a nearby village get a free ticket or the price of the ticket, so they could easily use the money to book a hotel if they really couldn't deal with the noise.

Yet people still complain.

Edited by peteyboy

Think Sam has nailed it - happy people generally don't throw screwing fits at other people enjoying themselves!

The smoking ban does affect tents though, you can't smoke in any enclosed public space can you? So there probably is less chance of "accidentally" inhaling someone else's pot smoke now, 'cos everyone will have to smoke outside.