early entry,i'm the only one that will

Guest goodoldfashionedmosher

last year i arrived at half 6ish on thursday evening with 3 mates and we all found places together in orange which wasn't that far away from the arena.. and not only that there was no queuing for wristbands and parking! so, on that basis, i'd say you'll be fine :)

Went on wednesday for the first time last year, and wished I had done it every year.

Nipped down to the train station after my lunch (not at some ungodly hour like most years) jumped on the train,which was empty. Had a few cans on the train with a few other people heading to the festival, which was nice, as most years we would all be crammed in like cattle for the whole 3 hour journey.

Arrived at Reading train station,and hopped into a cab, no waiting. Went to the main gate, then got redirected to the new one round by the river (this was the only inconvieniance of the entire day, and it would have been the same on thursday) queued to get in for about 3 or 4 minutes, handed over my tenner for early entry, and walked in. Found a great spot with no other tents within about 15 feet of us (we had to keep space for a couple of people arriving on thursday so this was perfect), got set up and soaked up the sun and the atmosphere.

Then we left the site, nipped to an offy, picked up as many cans as we could carry, got back to camp, sat having a few beers, a spliff and something to eat.

It was all really relaxed, and perhaps not exactly the word im looking for, but it was quite civilised.

It gave us thursday to explore the site, soak up some rays, and meet some people, before our other friends turned up. After helping them set up, we were ready to party and not totally pooped from traveling all day, and by friday morning the antitipation to see some bands and generally party had us all buzzing. :lol:

Wednesday is the way forward, but don't tell too many people :lol:

Edited by MJMilz14

Neither, go for Tuesday. Me and a group of about 8 friends decided to camp out on the Tuesday, because several of us didn't have early passes (or in 1 case, tickets at all) so we camped out on tuesday night, and it was fantastic. There were a few thousand people all lined up on Richfield avenue. My friends got there around 8pm (I arrived at about 11.30, I went to the pub and then had a curry) and we only had about 100-150 people in front of us. It felt like an extra day of the festival for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be going hopefully on the Tuesday with about 20 other people. Then we'll have 2 and a half days of getting familiarized with the site, sorting out where we are going to be going and, of course, getting in sync with the whole party atmosphere of the occasion. It will also give us a greater sense of anticipation leading up to the first acts. :)

I'll be going hopefully on the Tuesday with about 20 other people. Then we'll have 2 and a half days of getting familiarized with the site, sorting out where we are going to be going and, of course, getting in sync with the whole party atmosphere of the occasion. It will also give us a greater sense of anticipation leading up to the first acts. :)

• 2 weeks later...