Janes Addiction

Guest joethehose

That would be awesome... one band I'd pretty much given up hope of ever getting to see...

Thought I read somewhere that Eavis wasn't into booking heavy acts due to the Pearl Jam/Roskilde incident.

They'd go down great headlining the other stage, as long as they don't clash with Bruce or Neil!

yeah i know the reason why he doesn't like to book them but that could happen with any act to be fair pearl jam are hardly a heavy act and it happened with them.

I suppose with the Mean Fiddler lot, who are used to handling corwds at acts far more heavy than Pearl Jam or Jane's Addiction at R*ading (Slipknot etc.), Eavis may relax a little. It'll be great if we got a few more acts in that vein.

I think they could play without incident simply because the majority of the tickets have been sold.

Its all well to put on a festival aimed at heaver acts,(Reading eg) but a different scenario to place a heavy act on a virtually sold out festival with the mix and types of people here.

However saying that ME does have is legitimate reasons for the lack of heavy bands.

yeah that's a good point about the tickets, but what are these legitimate reasons exactly as they seem to be based on a negative stereotypical view of a certain group of people and genre of music to be honest.

who is it that gets to decide acts like Pendulum are ok but acts such as Queens of the Stone Age are not when Pendulum are far more likely to attract a more aggressive (for want of a better word) form of fan.

Its nothing to do with stereo typing more to do with crowd control and the fear of a Roskilde accident.

At that time before the Super fence the crowds were huge due to fence jumpers.

ME did not want the type of accident experienced in Roskilde and so reduced the amount of heavy bands at Glastonbury.

If we did then it would have to be a Reading scenario. And non of us want that.

However saying that Its fair to say that there are no true heavy bands in the last few years. Last time I saw a mad pit was for RATM in 94. and It was mental.

Edited by .jay.

• 2 years later...

JP headliner on Saturday would certainly do the trick, especially since I've already decided having read the other thread that The Fall are doing Sunday. Mint! Roll on June! :D