First time at leeds.

Guest soph.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We camped pretty much 2 mins walk from the entrance and it was awesome. No trouble, fun field with plenty of banter. Not a massive amount of walking to be done and not camped on some rediculous slope!! Highly recommended!

Leeds is amazing, it may sound like an odd thing to say but from past experience I think if you're a sociable kind of person you'll love it. My mates who seem a bit shy lets say didnt enjoy it at all.

Not much sleep.

Smelly bogs/mud.

Drinking.

Music.

Meeting random people.

Dancing.

Not much grub.

Seems to sum it up.

• 1 month later...
Hey, same here i have been v twice and going again this year and also hoping to go to leeds, ill be gutted if i dont end up going!! i have heard it is very different, my brothers have both been in 07 and said it was mad in good ways but mosly bad lol alot of people have been sayin that some idiots set fire to tents and stuff :S but i still really want to go despite alot of bad feedback, i want to experience it for my self:D

Same here!

Been to plenty of v fests over the years and a couple of glastos but i felt like a change this year. Leeds is just over the pennines so why not.

It seems that if you stay out of the way of the 15yr old knob heads you'll be fine and my £10 tesco tent will be ok!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

totally agree though,, its not the young ones whp cause the trouble (although the jeans half way down the leg thing with superman keggs hanging out does put me off my morning breakfast in can)

in 05, we had a mahooseeev explosion kick off right next to our tent, we managed to get off,, get most of our stuff out,, and then put it in the car.. I then came back,, and tried to get the lads to stop as our mates' tents (who hadnt come back to camp yet) were about to be caught up,, and they were proper dicks, lads about 24-26, still trying to live their 'crazy' uni years i think.,.

I did however, throw 2 cans of beans at the main 'leader' and threaten to slice his balls off with my old frying pan! :-)

im camping in yellow this year (the first time since that incident) and I swear if i see any knob head being a dick (camp fires are ok, but going round and torching tents and being generally dickhead like) then i really will kick them to fook!

totally agree though,, its not the young ones whp cause the trouble (although the jeans half way down the leg thing with superman keggs hanging out does put me off my morning breakfast in can)

in 05, we had a mahooseeev explosion kick off right next to our tent, we managed to get off,, get most of our stuff out,, and then put it in the car.. I then came back,, and tried to get the lads to stop as our mates' tents (who hadnt come back to camp yet) were about to be caught up,, and they were proper dicks, lads about 24-26, still trying to live their 'crazy' uni years i think.,.

I did however, throw 2 cans of beans at the main 'leader' and threaten to slice his balls off with my old frying pan! :-)

im camping in yellow this year (the first time since that incident) and I swear if i see any knob head being a dick (camp fires are ok, but going round and torching tents and being generally dickhead like) then i really will kick them to fook!

And that is why you camp with friends, try to be in as big as group as possible, stops people starting shit, burning your stuff, and there is normally one or two people back at camp so less likely to have anything robbed.

Also, try making friends with whichever randomers your camping next to, you watch their ack and they'll watch yours.

And yes i do realise im making this sound like festival based warfare, its not really that bad.