Alcohol Into Arena?

Guest Sam.

My mate is adamant that you can take alcohol from campsite into the music arena? I'm adamant that that is untrue. Please someone, settle this dispute.
Edited by Petewasbristol

Haha I've been to Leeds o2 Wireless (not too shabby, but not on the same scale as G by a million miles.) Wakestock, which was even smaller, and V, which... Well, it was less than average!

I'm gonna disappear now, swat up on the info page and I'll come back when I'm not such an annoying newbie!

You can take as much as you want. Just ensure you've decanted any spirits into plastic bottles.

NO GLASS ALLOWED. NO GLASS ALLOWED. NO GLASS ALLOWED. NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

You can take as much as you want. Just ensure you've decanted any spirits into plastic bottles.

NO GLASS ALLOWED. NO GLASS ALLOWED. NO GLASS ALLOWED. NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

NO GLASS ALLOWED.

Welcome to Glastonbury, the best Festival in the land Universe.

In 2007 I remember going to get a coffee, not the instant variety but a lovely freshly made from beans kinda coffee... got out a couple of quid to pay and the guy serving said "You've not been to Glastonbury before have you?" and of course I hadn't, didn't know it showed! He said "This isn't Reading... it's Glastonbury.... that'll be 50p please"

And for me that says it all, you know when there are 100,000 people in a field you're a captive market and some places take full advantage of that. I just didn't get that feeling at Glastonbury. Like the chap said............ it's not like any other festival.

When we left I had this strange feeling that we had been in a different country.

I can't wait to go back!

Glastonbury is like the land for the free!!! Do what you like when you like (within reason) take as much booze as you think you can drink put up your tent and then bimble!!