Radiohead Fri Pyramid.... 4th headliner?

Guest Limpet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty certain that Radiohead have been in talks with Glasto after the collapse of the Reading/Leeds deal from the reaction I got when pressing someone on this rumour (who 'trust me' is in the know about the current state of affairs regarding the line-up). Whether anything gets sorted, we'll have to wait and see. I think Eavis said he had two headliners for the Saturday? so they could play before Springsteen. Im pretty sure that Mr Yorke is a huge fan of Neil young, so maybe a slot just before him might be on the cards?

If Radiohead were confirmed after Neil Young then theres no way they would bump him down a slot. Since Michael Eavis said 2 headliners for Saturday (and that one of those wasn't confirmed yet), and presumably Neil Young is set in his Friday slot then it means Radiohead (or whoever the 4th act is) will be playing before Springsteen.

Since Michael Eavis said that the mystery 4th one was a 'really good one' then I doubt he'd be on about the relatively young Arctic Monkeys. Assuming Oasis weren't bluffing us when they said they hated playing Glasto, then I reckon its Radiohead.

Just after Glasto 2008, Michael Eavis said he had 4 possible headliners. Obviously that was many months ago and the 4 he were talking about were different, but there's surely a decent chance they are the same 4 as now?

nah. If that was the case they'd all of been signed and sealed months ago. None were signed & sealed before xmas.

why does that rule out Arctics? There's all sorts of different ways of evaluating the 'worth' of an act, and on some basis' AMs rate above all of NY, BS, Blur & Radiohead.

I really do hope Radiohead or Arctic Monkeys are there as I'm not that fussed by the other 3 rumoured headline acts.

If the other 3 are nailed on though then couldn't the 4th act just be either Kanye West or Franz Fredinand?? :rolleyes: In no way do I consider them to be headline material but both have headlined other festivals and maybe M.Eavis considers them to be too.

I've no idea how in touch Eavis is when it comes to rumours with regards to his claim of nobody having mentioned the mystical 4th headliner but I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER in most of there posts regarding glastonbury for months and months have claimed it to be Radiohead. Or are they just generally ignored?

I really do hope Radiohead or Arctic Monkeys are there as I'm not that fussed by the other 3 rumoured headline acts.

If the other 3 are nailed on though then couldn't the 4th act just be either Kanye West or Franz Fredinand?? :rolleyes: In no way do I consider them to be headline material but both have headlined other festivals and maybe M.Eavis considers them to be too.

Edited by peteyboy

Eavis has said that Kanye wouldn't be a headliner on the Pyramid.

Franz are defo playing, but I'm pretty sure they'll be an Other Stage headliner.