Happy Mondays

Guest VCK

Not any more, seen 'em in their heyday, loved 'em, there's a part of me will always suffer from lazyitis, but these days they're just a mess, rather than the glorious mess they used to be. Thy should just let it go. I know they need the money, but f***ing hell, it's ropey. Upsets me enormously :huh:

• 9 months later...

Well we were out of luck this year...let's give it another shot for 2010!

Dream (but realistic) Mondays setlist:

1. Kinky Afro

2. Jellybean

3. Tart Tart

4. Loose Fit

5. Sunshine And Love

6. Judge Fudge

7. Hallelujah

8. Step On

9. Performance

10. 24 Hour Party People

11. God's Cop

12. WFL

Not any more, seen 'em in their heyday, loved 'em, there's a part of me will always suffer from lazyitis, but these days they're just a mess, rather than the glorious mess they used to be. Thy should just let it go. I know they need the money, but f***ing hell, it's ropey. Upsets me enormously :P

saw them at V in 07 and they were surprisingly good, and isn't shaun ryder teetotal these days, i've heard he really had cleaned up his act.

find that hard to believe and if true hope it doesn't adversely effect his performances :P

he and bez are DJ'ing a my friends club in a few weeks so i will get to see for myself and i'll ask them if they know whether they're playing next year.

At V this year the where truly truly shocking.

Week before the V festival teh drummer left along with the guitar player then Bez didn't even bother turning up.

Rowetta tried her best but Ryder just kept on lighting fags & drinking lager.

Pure dogshit.

By the way I loved teh Happy Mondays but that appearance just killed it for me!!!

happy Mondays review

Just the thought of one of the best bands ever playing Glasto crossing my mind. :P

the Monday's are responsible for putting in one of the most legendary Glastonbury performances - legendary because it was the worst ever.

It was the early nineties (I forget the exact year), and there were around 75,000 in front of the Pyramid Stage to watch them. Within two songs they'd cleared the field of nearly everyone, with crushes at the field exits as everyone tried to get away.

It was absolutely diabolical. Out of tune; out of time; Ryder not knowing the words. Truly legendary. :P:P

This year they played V Festival. They've improved massively, but are still one of the shittest live bands ever:-

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/v/st...pymondays.shtml