Any chance of Julian Cope/Brain Donor ever playing?

Guest howard the oryx

The one act I'd love to see at Glasto more than any other is Julian Cope (his best stuff has been in recent years IMO), surely he's perfect for the festival. I think he played years ago, but not since I've been going. Is there any specific reason why he never plays or do the organisers overlook him?

HTO

Funnily enough, I've been listening to a lot of Cope this week (Peggy Suicide/Jehovakill) I was thinking about him at Glastonbury and read somewhere yesterday that he played in 2002

Dammit, just checked, he played in 2003, the one year I couldn't make it due to extreme student poverty...

Loved Peggy Suicide and Jehovahkill, and most of what he did before, but it's the new stuff where he's really come out into his own methinks. Check out Citizen Cain'd, Dark Orgasm and the new one, Black Sheep which is just awesome. Been listening to it all week, especially the brilliant "All the blowing themselves up motherf*kers (will realise the minute they die that they're suckers)". Should be a serious contender for headliner with that one IMO.

good lord, i'd forgotten how painful that 2003 effort was in the accoustic tent. people leaving in their droves.

however, have seen JC with various bands and brain donor over the years and they would deffo be a bonus if they get to play somewhere

Might as well wish for comets on fire to put in an appearance as well.

Edited by usatoglas