The positivity thread

Guest flibbitybob

Now this isn't a retaliation at the negativity thread, which serves an important purpose for venting frustration. But I'm in a good mood, and want to talk about everything I love about Glastonbury!

So this is only for POSITIVE comments! No one is allowed to be horrible. ;)

I'll start by saying that I'm very happy indeed to see that Bon Iver looks quite likely to be there!

:)

I'm happy that NY is a serious contender for headliner at long last. And that Bodger and Badger are most likely to be playing, so that I can regretably miss them as per usual.

It was the best Christmas present ever knowing that I'd already secured my Glastonbury tickets for 2009!

I'm going to Liverpool Sound City in May (£35 for 4 evenings where you can go to any of the music venues in central Liverpool and see up and coming bands, a lot of whom last year played the John peel tent) as a sort of Glastonbury warm up.

Glastonbury in June - wey hey!

Wickerman in July to help get me through the post-Glastonbury come down!

Bring it on!

Bodger and Badger headlining the Kidz field!

Seasick Steve!

Saw a BBC four programme on him yesterday, and then watched the Reading festival performance. I would SO love to see him at Glastonbury, would be fantastic. Never heard of the guy before last night, just loved him!

:huh:

...I am sooooooooo excited!!! Ticket paid for, travel paid for, night in hotel before travelling down paid for, new tent, new wellies and have got everything I need already (except the booze cos I'll just drink it!!). CANNOT WAIT!!

:O

...still trying to scrape the mud off my rucksack from 2007 (had a year off last year)...WAHOOOOOOO!!!

I'm happy that NY is a serious contender for headliner at long last. And that Bodger and Badger are most likely to be playing, so that I can regretably miss them as per usual.

We went up last year to watch them and we very unpolitely told to get out of the kids field until we had children to bring with us! The exact words were "you adults have got 900 acres and the kids have only got one so why dont you get back to them". The guy was an utter cock and we all left absolutely fuming. Its not as if we were being rowdy or drunk or even a gang of lads (3 couples in fact!), we were just taking in the atmos before B&B came on. Oh well.

Back to positivity. I can't wait to have kids so i can go up there make things!!

I love it when I have my tent sorted and I have the whole of the Glastonbury site to explore. :huh:

Then I just wander about soaking up the magical atmosphere; maybe head up up to the Green Fields to get some nice veggie snack then into the Healing Fields to chill or perhaps to the Stone Circle and look out over the vast site thinking 'This is the BEST place to be in the world right now aren't I lucky !'

Then I wander down and immerse myself in all Glastonbury has to offer - days of undiluted happiness and joy :O .....

My ticket for 2009 is paid for and I can't wait to be back there - roll on June :O:o:O

(Fingers crossed for glorious weather for the whole thing)