The negativity thread

Guest bombfrog

Haha the crowd loved doing that last year, can't say I hate it though. I'm disapointed by the lack of massive singalongs and what not, it's a f**king festival, 100,000 people need something to really go for. I loved when Jay-z opened with Wonderwall, it gave me the singalong I craved then the rest of the set I could just throw myself about to. Ideally I'd want a headliner to go crazy to on Friday, a big f**k off singalong on the Saturday and some sort of Class act to see me out with (Something along the lines of Fri:The Prodigy Sat: Strictly classic Oasis and then someone like Sir Elton for Sunday)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one more of these james blunt...what are the chances

and the 4th headliner is a cat scratching a blackboard

i think i'll go insane, it wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the unrealistic suggestions made

either in that their choice of bands which headlined within the past 2 years

or their choice NME bands

grr that grinds my gears

people videoing the gig on their mobile phones. Yeah, your grainy image from the middle of a crowd with short arsed you holding a crappy nokia at arms lenght is going to be muh better than the BBC's professionally filmed coverage. Bellends

I am all for singing along, dancing like loons, whooping and cheering, screaming even! but when people stand and clap like demented seals, out of time with little "catch up claps" to get back in time it becomes more than annoying!

However sing-alongs are great!

I can't stand the f**king Klaxons or any of that new fangled beepy music (TV on the Radio, Metronomy, Late of the Pier etc) that's so popular these days! I have a horrible feeling the Peel tent will be full of them though. Ga!
Edited by Sam.

Then John Peel you have saved my festival. I love these bands. I hope that lot off the BBC Sound of 2009 are all playing too. The likes of Late of the Pier would be more than welcomed, accompanied by Florence & the machine etc.

Ooo, now that was my first non negative post on the Glasto forum, think I'm getting confused!

Springsteen, Blue and Neil Diamond? There's your negativity.

Then John Peel you have saved my festival. I love these bands. I hope that lot off the BBC Sound of 2009 are all playing too. The likes of Late of the Pier would be more than welcomed, accompanied by Florence & the machine etc.

Ooo, now that was my first non negative post on the Glasto forum, think I'm getting confused!

Springsteen, BluR (!) and Neil Diamond? There's your negativity.

• 2 weeks later...
:)

...have not been able to get on the My.Glasto.co.uk (Virtual Festivals) message boards for ages...doing work on it or something...Grrrr

I'm always going from that one to this one, so I'm a bit lost & confused this weekend!!!

(am I allowed to mention another message board?) :D

One thing I hate is people who seem to think you're not allowed to dislike the bands they love. As an example, I'm on a Facebook group dedicated to the detestation of a certain Brummie reggae band, and so many people come on and have a go at us for expressing our opinions on the matter. Whatever happened to free speech, people? I for one don't regard people who like such bands as retards or whetever, or insist they stop listening to it, just feel sorry for them wasting good time doing so.

Anyway, for the record, if they were appearing at Glastonbury I would be doing my level best to avoid the following...

Coldplay - I have been forced to sit through a previous Glastonbury set by this band, an experience that I would list just below gouging out my eyes with a spoon

Kings of Leon - there are a large number of people I know whose musical tastes I generally share, but their appreciation of this lot baffles me. Horribly whiny voice, tuneless songs.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tedium Arcedium

Oasis - justifiably nicknamed Quoasis for their ability to make a little go an extremely long way

The Ting Tings - tuneless

The Kooks - pointless

Babyshambles - talentless. I stomached about two songs at the Other stage in 2005 before wandering off to find something listenable.

The View - their version of Up The Junction was unforgivable.

Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Kate Nash - all far too annoying, I don't even get as far as the music with these people

Most of the glottal pop bands - Arctic Monkeys, Holloways, Paddingtons, Fratellis etc. I used to really like the Fratellis when they were raw and shabby but they bore me now.

Seems that I've thrown up a lot of the same bands that a lot of others have, which is comforting. Also they're the sort of bands that will be filling the Pyramid/Other stages, leaving the rest of the festival free to host more interesting acts.