The negativity thread

Guest bombfrog

Pigeon Detectives - another rubbish rock band

sooooooo right!!!

Amy Winehouse - anyone who says she is good live is obviously on more drugs than her

and more than a little wrong. ;)

Since she's been on the drugs she's been crap. But if you go back to when she was touring 'Frank' she was absolutely superb. Back then I dragged along quite a few people who couldn't stand her on record to see here, and every single one walked away VERY impressed.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all over this thread!

Kasabian for me. I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks they're crap live, their songs are shit and doesn't fancy Serge.

And, not music related, but I wish Ronaldo a very slow and painful death. Soon.

I feel so much better now.

and more than a little wrong. ;)

Since she's been on the drugs she's been crap. But if you go back to when she was touring 'Frank' she was absolutely superb. Back then I dragged along quite a few people who couldn't stand her on record to see here, and every single one walked away VERY impressed.

I meant recently, fair enough if she was good in the past. Anyone who thinks that her Glastonbury 2008 performance was good is clearly deluded. Now I admit I wasn't there but I've since watched clips of it and I think that there is no possible way crowd atmosphere could make up for it. Mumbling and slurring your way through words = poor performance. It just does. Some people think its somehow okay just because thats what we expect of her.

2008 was a total train wreck, but she was awful in 2007 too. You'd have to go back a few more years to get her at her best.

Mind you, when she appeared with Mark Ronson at Bestival (in 2006 I think it was) for one song, although it was plainy obvious she had 'problems' then (I've seen fatter stick insects), she still managed to be total class ... or perhaps that was just the effect of the truly truly awful Lily Allen coming on stage after her for her own cameo.

And so while you think that Amy Crackhouse at her worst is terrible (and she is), there's plenty that can massively surpass her in the awfulness stakes, and without them needing to be junkies. ;)

;)

...if Radiohead play, I will be walking the other way to watch someone else as I did last time they played!! They were fantastic when they started out, but they've got too far up thier own pretentious bottoms over the years... :)

...but hey, it would be boring if we all liked the same...eh?

I was extremely disappointed to see that my usual camping spot towards the top of Pennards Hill had been usurped by the tipis in 2008. And even more annoyed by that bloody chai cafe they stuck there which played music at volume until stupid o'clock.

Was also less than impressed by some of the scheduling in 2008 - there were some logistical problems caused by over-crowding and badly thought out itineraries. But i suppose it helps to encourage people to keep moving around the site.

Oh yeh - and it really pisses me off when people snipe at each others musical tastes and attack bands they dislike on these boards. There's absolutely shedloads of shit atrocious acts at Glastonbury every year. I just don't go and see the bands i don't like. If we all liked the same thing programming an enormous arts festival like Glasto would be a doddle - and as boring as f**k.

And the focus on headliners annoys me too. They are just three acts out of hundreds and hundreds. And there are acts playing AT THE SAME TIME AS THE HEADLINERS. If you don't like the act finishing on the Pyramid just drag your lazy ass to the Dance Village, Park, Jazz World, John Peel, Acoustic, Other Stage or anywhere else on the site.

Oh yeh - and it really pisses me off when people snipe at each others musical tastes and attack bands they dislike on these boards. There's absolutely shedloads of shit atrocious acts at Glastonbury every year. I just don't go and see the bands i don't like. If we all liked the same thing programming an enormous arts festival like Glasto would be a doddle - and as boring as f**k.

And the focus on headliners annoys me too. They are just three acts out of hundreds and hundreds. And there are acts playing AT THE SAME TIME AS THE HEADLINERS. If you don't like the act finishing on the Pyramid just drag your lazy ass to the Dance Village, Park, Jazz World, John Peel, Acoustic, Other Stage or anywhere else on the site.

Ah, I know what really p1sses me off. Not being allowed to have a pop at everyone else's rubbish music tastes. It's clear I'm the only one here, actually, probably in the world, who knows what good music is. Your music is all shite and I want to tell you so... ;)

I hate them years when Rolf doesn't play... he's an integral part of the Glastonbury experience. Oh and those Antartic Apes are a bit sh*te. And Babyshambles. And the Wurzels getting too big for their boots. And that thing about the Prodigy not playing. And somehow missing every year when Radiohead play (please let them be this 4th headliner!). And always missing Bodger and Badger when every year I say it's the one thing I'm looking forward too. And Julian Cope not playing.

Oh man I was going to say how I was only negative about negative threads and now I'm part of the whole thing. Major moral dilemma. Cup of tea will solve all.

Couldn't put it better myself.

Every band ever booked to play is liked by some, disliked by others, and unknown to others - only the ratios vary. (If nobody at all liked them they wouldn't get the length of getting booked).

I think Coldplay are a pile of overrated insipid sh*te for example, but I'm not arrogant enough to think that I'm right and the millions of people with their albums are misled idiots. I mean if people get pleasure out of a Coldplay album (even if it's just because it makes them feel like one of the gang) then ultimately isn't pleasure what music is all about? When they played in 2005 I headed up to Lost Vaugness to beat the crowds and found a band I did like.

That said, if people get pleasure out of ripping the bands they hate to shreds, then why not!

All the fuss about Jay-z, I'm not sure how long his set was, but if felt like about 40 minutes. A drop in the ocean of 5 entertaining days!

I definately recommend going to see at least one act you'd never normally go and see, some of the worst acts I've seen have been bands I like, and some of the best have been ones I'd never normally go and see.

ooo i like this topic ;)

the killers = total w*nk

kaiser chiefs = talentless f**k wits

bruce springsteen = tedious mor toss

faithless = trancey bollox for people with no knowledge of what makes good dance music

coldplay = yawningly average

jay z = worst headliner i've ever had the misfortune to endure

the levellers = should have a wash and get a job and never be allowed to play again

tiesto = cheese of the highest order

razorlight = dire

foo fighters = poo fighters more like

the beatles = overated

stereophonics = yawn

fratellis = who buys this rubbish???

fat boy slim = arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

i could add several hundred more flavour of the month mediocre indie garbage but i've forgotten most of them already! i feel better after that :)

ooo i like this topic :)

the killers = total w*nk

kaiser chiefs = talentless f**k wits

bruce springsteen = tedious mor toss

faithless = trancey bollox for people with no knowledge of what makes good dance music

coldplay = yawningly average

jay z = worst headliner i've ever had the misfortune to endure

the levellers = should have a wash and get a job and never be allowed to play again

tiesto = cheese of the highest order

razorlight = dire

foo fighters = poo fighters more like

the beatles = overated

stereophonics = yawn

fratellis = who buys this rubbish???

fat boy slim = arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

i could add several hundred more flavour of the month mediocre indie garbage but i've forgotten most of them already! i feel better after that ;)