The negativity thread

Guest bombfrog

I love the fact that everyone is so nice to each other on here, just like the festival itself.

However, sometimes you just need to get something off your chest without spoiling everybody's nice threads. So, you can use this thread for any negative thoughs.

I'll start by saying I'm totally not fussed about Neil Young or Brucie and I'd do pretty much anything to avoid Franz Ferdinand ;)

PS - THis thread is just a bit of fun, please play nice.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand the f**king Klaxons or any of that new fangled beepy music (TV on the Radio, Metronomy, Late of the Pier etc) that's so popular these days! I have a horrible feeling the Peel tent will be full of them though. Ga!

The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Mark Ronson, Kooks, Pigeon Detectives...... don't you dare ruin my Glastonbury 2009!!!

;)

Any band that nme is championing is automatically shite unless they can prove themselves otherwise by playing in tune and in time on more than one occasion.... so that means just about all of them. ;)

Pleasingly, in the last few years I've stopped torturing myself by going to see them (not that I was seeing them by choice anyhow ... was working). Outside of just a few exceptions, they're all incredibly shite. It's no coincidence that so few of them last more than a few years.

Edited by eFestivals

Im also going to add Faithless to my list (Ohhhhh the controversy)

Along with the Wurzels.... T*ssers

;)

Am I allowed to rant? Oh goodie!

I can't stand stupid threads about headliners, especially when they haven't even been announced.

I hate crappy covers of classic tunes; I think it's great Leonard Cohen's making royalty cash out of stupid teenagers who think Halleluyah was written in 2008 and I don't mind that nice acoustic guitar version some bloke did a few years back because it actually added something, but whatever crap popster it is that sung the song recently that I now hear absolutely bloody everywhere should be locked up with a pad and pencil and not let out until she's written a decent tune and lyrics of her own.

Phew, that's better.

Oh, and I hate people who rip apart the fences for firewood at night in the Sacred Space (leave the farm alone you selfish c***s!). And people who burn rubbish in the Sacred Space, especially plastic.

OK, I feel better now.

I hate Jeff Buckleys version of Hallelujah. It's shit compared to the original by Cohen. Elvis was more popular after he died and I think the same analogy should be used to explain the popularity of Buckleys version of this song.

The same as others on here, bands such as, Keane, Kaisers Chiefs, Razorshite, The Feeling, The Ting Tongs are all shit - they make my ears bleed and my blood pressure go through the roof.

Women at festivals who insist on wearing fashion wellies, the latest 'festival' fashion that Kate Moss is wearing and their hair and make up perfect and really being 'wild' by walking through the puddles ;). Get a fecking grip! You are much more pleasing on the eye when you're a little dirty :)

Some examples of crap bands

Crystal Castles - what a load of thoroughbred shite, it is literally bad singing with music which sounds like the music of Pokemon if you punched your gameboy and then dropped it in a puddle of urine.

Razorlight - they have nothing going for them whatsoever, they are just plain boring.

Pigeon Detectives - another rubbish rock band

Wombats - their brand of crap would possibly work if they were actually funny or witty..but they aren't

Amy Winehouse - anyone who says she is good live is obviously on more drugs than her

Gossip - Only got attention because of naked NME cover

Coldplay - too nice to make a song which doesn't sound anything other than nice. I've seen ironing boards more exciting than them

Some examples of crap bands

Crystal Castles - what a load of thoroughbred shite, it is literally bad singing with music which sounds like the music of Pokemon if you punched your gameboy and then dropped it in a puddle of urine.

Razorlight - they have nothing going for them whatsoever, they are just plain boring.

Pigeon Detectives - another rubbish rock band

Wombats - their brand of crap would possibly work if they were actually funny or witty..but they aren't

Amy Winehouse - anyone who says she is good live is obviously on more drugs than her

Gossip - Only got attention because of naked NME cover

Coldplay - too nice to make a song which doesn't sound anything other than nice. I've seen ironing boards more exciting than them

who was that dreadlocked self indulgent tosser doing a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody on the Other Stage one afternoon last year. Shite song, badly covered. I dunno who he was, and I don't want to sound like my Grandad, but he needed a bloody good haircut and a couple of years in the army.

^

That's neuton fawkner your talking about. He's one of those people who tries to hard to be "Random". I hate those types of people. "Oooohhhh look at me I'm so random! Arn't I cool!" No your not, piss off ginger dreadlocks guy.

Theres nothing bad about glastonbury apart from 2 people in my science lesson today saying glastonbury is shit and you get bottles of piss thrown at you (Which I did once, but I was really hot and needed it. I give cudos to the guy who did that). And that your just standing in a feild in the middle of nowhere! They just presume that because they've "Seen it on telly and been to gigs like that" that glastonburys immediatly going to be the same!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

Edited by BlackHole2006