Secret Garden Party 2009

Guest fingers_mark

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a leaflet today describing the Eden v Babylon theme which is all sounds nice and dandy.

Under the heading of Site Information it stated the Gate Times as follows:

Thursday 12am - 2pm

Friday 10am - 2pm

Saturday 10am - 2pm

Sunday 12am - 6pm

Strictly no entry outside these times.

Surely some mistake! The majority of gardeners, including myself, expect to arrive in the evening on Thursday or Friday. I am missing something? I certainly do not remember these restrictions being in force last year.

Incidentally, what time is 12am?

Call me Mr Picky but...

am = ante meridiem(before midday)

pm = post meridiem (after midday)

Neither state exists at, or on, midday.

If they mean 12 noon (or 12 midnight) the Head Gardener should say so.

Really, these privately educated toffs should know better.

Confused of Essex.

I received a leaflet today describing the Eden v Babylon theme which is all sounds nice and dandy.

Under the heading of Site Information it stated the Gate Times as follows:

Thursday 12am - 2pm

Friday 10am - 2pm

Saturday 10am - 2pm

Sunday 12am - 6pm

Strictly no entry outside these times.

Surely some mistake! The majority of gardeners, including myself, expect to arrive in the evening on Thursday or Friday. I am missing something? I certainly do not remember these restrictions being in force last year.

Incidentally, what time is 12am?

Call me Mr Picky but...

am = ante meridiem(before midday)

pm = post meridiem (after midday)

Neither state exists at, or on, midday.

If they mean 12 noon (or 12 midnight) the Head Gardener should say so.

Really, these privately educated toffs should know better.

Confused of Essex.

Edited by Suzannah

Panic over. I have now had the opportunity of foraging in the undergrowth on their website and uncovered the following alternative gate times:

Thu 12pm - 2am

Fri & Sat - 10am - 2am

Sun - 10am - 8pm

Good grief!

Perhaps the reference to the alcohol limit of 12 cans is a typographical error as well and they meant to say 1-2 cans instead.

Ex Confused of Essex.

You just can't get out of the campsite at night, that's all. Easier for security i guess.

The "12 can" limit is completely new. It used to be no booze at all - but last year they seemed to have given up checking and people brought what they wanted in.

Guess this is a happy medium. Just bring a few, buy a few. Easy!

Hi All

Never been to SGP before but it sounds amazing. However I have a problem - almost no holiday left :P

So my question is if I turned up Friday after work and left sunday late / very early monday to get to work on monday (can I even do that with the gate times mentioned above?) - would it be worth it?

I could possible have one days holiday. If so would you recommend taking it on Friday or Monday?

Thanks!

The Secret Garden Party 2009 is going to be quite possibly 'The Best Show' this side of the stratosphere.

To whet your appetites, and show you a taster of what SGP stands for, the Gardeners go on tour around the UK.

Showcasing the best of their bands, theatrical and site specific spectaculars the SGP 'bandwagon' is a tour de force.

This year "Who wants to be a Gardenaire?" is on the road. A gameshow of unbelievable proportions, and finished in each town by an all night down right dirty, get dressed up to the nines P.A.R.T.?

The first of these events is in Brighton @ MAdam Geishas.

This is THE closing party for this years Brighton Fringe Festival. The mayhem rolls into Brighton previewing some tantalizing entertainment from this year’s festival.

Live Art Installations, Theatrical Spectaculars, Performance aplenty and of course great, dynamic music.

Get lost in an art-laden labyrinth and be led by our frolicking Fawns down the Secret tunnel into a 500 capacity venue hidden a world away, continue your journey into other Secret rooms where the party is varied and participation is expected. Fortunes will be foretold.

Music by: ROSIE ODDIE AND THE ODD SQUAD, YEARNER BABIES, OTTO EDDY TEMPLE MORRIS, THE HEAD GARDENER AND THE CRAFTY RASCALS.

Grab a mike and get involved in some Live Karaoke

Expect Arial Artists, Fire performance and the famous Bearded Kittens’ “Who wants to be a Gardenaire?” game show.

Local support from Maxxi Sound System (Disco Libero), Johnny Rocks (Rounder Records), DJ Affy (Go Bang Brighton) as well as the wonderful guys at Playgroup.

Dress Code: Babylon & Eden

Click here to buy http://www.wegottickets.com/event/48772

Get them early or you may end up disappointed.

Advance tickets are £15, £18 on the door

The second event is in The Vibe Bar. Brick Lane London. 30th May. ...Saturday 30th May – LONDON HEAT

Who Wants To Be A Gardenaire...

The Head Gardeners will be taking over the Vibe Bar Garden &

One room from 2pm – 4am. expect all the usual nonsense.

We have invited all of our favorite areas at SGP 2009 to DJ,

including The Valley of Antics, King Nimrods Palace, Science Camp,

Conspiracy Camp, suicide sports, the Bearded Kittens...

The Heat of Who Wants to be a Gardenaire? Will be at 9pm – 10pm

Brighton was hilarious - don't miss this…

Tax: free before 8pm - £4 after.. tickets available on door only.

Come and play with us for the day and night…

Dress Code :- SGP attire….

.... and the third and final event in BRISTOL ON THE 5TH JUNE.

...Fri 5th June @ Motion – BRISTOL HEAT

Who Wants to be a Gardenaire?...

The Secret Garden Party will be taking over the terrace creating

an Arcadian Wonderland on Bristol's front door step.

Expect fun and games from their very own Bearded Kittens.

Take center stage in the Dance Off and of course do all of this

while listening to the Head Gardener's favorite underground DJ's.

Remember this is about Participation, dress to impress, and keep

your hat on"

EVIL NINE - THE NEXTMEN – REDLIGHT - DJ DEREK -

CHEEBA (SOLID STEEL/DETECTIVES OF PERSPECTIVE)

SECRET GARDEN PARTY TERRACE… hosted by US, come and have a

little taster of what is in store your you this year at SGP 09

PLUS Blowpop - The Blast - Monkey Knife Fight Funk From The Trunk

Futureboogie and more......

Tax:Tickets £9 advance, more on the door

For tickets : Bristol Ticket Shop http://www.bristolticketshop.co.uk

Cooshti, Rooted & Donuts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/London-Unite...1179&ref=ts

SEE YOU THERE LOVE

THE HEAD GARDENERS XXX

Never been to the Secret Garden Party but have been goin to small festivals since i could walk! I have ordered tickets for myself the girlfriend and my mate (neither of whom have ever been to a festival). I am pleased to say that these were received within a couple of days along with the leaflet telling me that we are Edenites! Go Eden!

We are comin down to SGP from the Isle of Man ( the tiny island in the sea in between ireland and liverpool) We will be flying to gatwick and getting the train down on thursday afternoon and i was wondering if once we get off the train if it is far from the station to the party? If so any idea of taxi costs?

Really looking forward to it and as we will all be SGP virgins whether anyone had any advice of stuff not to miss? :D

At 22, this is baby's first festival, and I'm bursting at the seams! Few questions for the seasoned experts out there:

1. How expensive is it once you're in? I have a tendency to loose things pretty frequently, so not having loads of cash on me would be great. Prices for drinks, food, treatments/showers etc?

2. Can you leave and go to the supermarket, and then come back in easily?

3. Anyone know anyone who's a babylonian? everyone I know seems to be an edenite!!!

God, I'm so excited, only pesky uni finals to get done first.....

We are comin down to SGP from the Isle of Man ( the tiny island in the sea in between ireland and liverpool) We will be flying to gatwick and getting the train down on thursday afternoon and i was wondering if once we get off the train if it is far from the station to the party? If so any idea of taxi costs?

Fat Freddy's Drop are down as confirmed now, but I couldn't see them on the website. Is this definitely right yeah? Just because I want to be able to tell people and don't want to let them down if it isn't 100%. Thanks! And I think this has made up my mind that I'll have to find a way to go...

I have a beautiful Bell tent to hire. Absolutely the best way to camp. Sleeps 6-8, very comfy for 4 people.

£85 for the week (only £21.25 each)

I could probably bring it to the site. check out my gumtree ad for photos and more details http://brighton.gumtree.com/brighton/63/39915763.html

Absolutely huge, the walls roll up so you don't roast too.

Mark 0773725597 bomberchopper@hotmail.comj

• 3 weeks later...

No definately not the cheapest. Dont have any rail cards or anything either so the cheapest return we can get is £40. National rail isnt cheap!

Really excited about this festival now. Its my girlfriends birthday on the sat and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of anything i could do for her there? Was thinkin i might see if i can get a big group to sing happy bday or something on stage!?!? open to any better ideas!

I am so gutted - didnt know about this festival until last weekend. We're already going to Cambridge Folk Festival, but my wife and I are SO up for this one next year! :lol:

Is it always held in near Cambridge? When do tickets usually go on sale?

James and Julia