EXIT- How to get there? What is the meaning of life? etc

Guest TheHogg

Hi there, basically myself and a group of friends are intending on going to Exit festival this summer and are in need of some help and information. I've had a look through the other threads in the forum and they have been helpful in working out our game plan but still have a few questions. Any help from those that have made the journey before would be greatly appreciated. I'll number the questions to make it easier!

1. Where is the best place to fly to? Belgrade seems a wee bit harder to fly to from bonnie Scotland but is closer? Budapest is easier to get to but involves a longer trip to novi-sad? Prague the same? Basically the place without a huge journey after landing (although that could be a good adventure) that's easy to fly to would be ideal.

2. What is the festival like in terms of security, location and door policies- drink and other things.

3. what's it like in general?

Cheers!

Edited by TheHogg

1. Where is the best place to fly to? Belgrade seems a wee bit harder to fly to from bonnie Scotland but is closer? Budapest is easier to get to but involves a longer trip to novi-sad? Prague the same? Basically the place without a huge journey after landing (although that could be a good adventure) that's easy to fly to would be ideal.

2. What is the festival like in terms of security, location and door policies- drink and other things to aid the techno!

3. what's it like in general?

Cheers!

Edited by SorD

Cheers for the info. I've looked into flying to belgrade but there isn't really any cheap ones from Scotland so think we will fly to budapest and get the train. Spoke to someone who had been the other day and they reckoned to quote " the girls there are unbelievable, it's like being on another planet" sounds good! Just waiting to hear the line up now. If any of these names turn up on the bill then it will be all worthwhile! Vitalic, popof, richie hawtin, adam beyer, dubfire, efdemin, magda, funk d'void, dave clarke, jeff mills, boys noize, sven vath- Any.

Cheers for the info. I've looked into flying to belgrade but there isn't really any cheap ones from Scotland so think we will fly to budapest and get the train. Spoke to someone who had been the other day and they reckoned to quote " the girls there are unbelievable, it's like being on another planet" sounds good! Just waiting to hear the line up now. If any of these names turn up on the bill then it will be all worthwhile! Vitalic, popof, richie hawtin, adam beyer, dubfire, efdemin, magda, funk d'void, dave clarke, jeff mills, boys noize, sven vath- Any.

Thats weird! Melt festival was the other one we looked at going to, don't think I could afford to do both though. Aye that flight your on will be the same one my lot are getting, the pleasures of prestwick and Ryanair in the same day. Trying to keep costs down but think we will be getting a house or villa or that as the camping is apparently murder. The bus sounds awful but mini bus is probably the way to go on the way there. A few folk are thinking it might all be too expensive for them so no plans are definite yet.

Thats weird! Melt festival was the other one we looked at going to, don't think I could afford to do both though. Aye that flight your on will be the same one my lot are getting, the pleasures of prestwick and Ryanair in the same day. Trying to keep costs down but think we will be getting a house or villa or that as the camping is apparently murder. The bus sounds awful but mini bus is probably the way to go on the way there. A few folk are thinking it might all be too expensive for them so no plans are definite yet.

I also got the bus down from Budapest with www.eufest.com and didn't think it was too bad a journey. I love travelling new places so was mostly looking out the window like a real tourist for most of the journey! ;) As long as you have an Ipod, magaznie / book to keep you occupied you should be fine. It's about five hours but the time does pass pretty quick.

I dont recall stopping anywhere en route so make sure you stock up on a packed lunch for the journey! Oh - they make one toilet stop but there isn't anywhere to buy food.

I done my first Exit last year and it was amazing. We stayed in a hotel (again booked through Eufest) - it was £80 a night but worth every penny in my opinion. Serbia is boiling hot at that time of year, after dancing in the dust of Exit fest every night it was sooo nice to come back to an aircon room and have a shower.

Our mates camped - but gave up after two nights. Apparantly the campsite is pretty hell-ish. There's no shade, loads of noise, dirty toilets etc. Dont expect to get a very good sleep there! I reckon it depends on your age and whether you are hardcore enough to do it. I personally wouldn't!! :ph34r:

As for "dancing aids" - believe me it's not very good over there. Hard to find, the security over there is ridiculous, and the "aids" themselves are pretty sh1te. Enough to help you stay awake, but nothing more than a pro-plus!

I also heard about a lot of dodgy, hallucenogenic stuff flying around, some people I know had some pretty bad experiences over there. So be careful!

I bought some pretty strange 'dancing aids' - they were Red, and quite small'ish.

Didn't taste like mdma, but they were really strong..only needed 1 and 1/2. I have no idea what was in them, probably a mixture of loads of chemicals.

Couple of my mates got ill off them, i was fine and had a great time, but they were trippy.

But yeah you have to be careful buying over there, especially off Serbians, i got ripped off twice.

I bought some pretty strange 'dancing aids' - they were Red, and quite small'ish.

Didn't taste like mdma, but they were really strong..only needed 1 and 1/2. I have no idea what was in them, probably a mixture of loads of chemicals.

Couple of my mates got ill off them, i was fine and had a great time, but they were trippy.

But yeah you have to be careful buying over there, especially off Serbians, i got ripped off twice.

entering in the festival ground is even easier,cause sometimes(not always,but very often) man on entrance don`t even touch you and when they do that is just to check that if you maybe caring a gun or something like that.heh

no really,i went to couple festivals and i never see that policeman are behaving like that.and again,if you making noise,behaving too drunk etc you will be checked.in all other cases it will be like entrance in a theater.

We got searched on the coach going back from the Festival to Budapest.

Everyone had to get there luggage out etc.

I think it might have been to do with the time we got the coach though, since we arranged to get picked up at 9am, when the festival came to an end at like 8am - its understandable, some people may have still had 'something' on them.

Edited by SorD

Really girly question - what are the toilets like on the train? I'm not much of a camel so when partial to the odd pint or two of rum on the train I need to know there's somewhere I can powder my nose. After 11 years of festival going I have perfected the art of going in a pint tumbler but I'm not sure such behaviour would work on a Serb train. :huh:

well,to be honest you will not find any worst trains in europe from those here in serbia.toilets in trains of serbian railways are pretty unclean,but if get international train from veinna then might be good.

i go couple times roundtrip belgrade-budapest and that was really messed up train,even if that is maybe the best train in serbia. but i travel whole my life with that kind of trains,so i probably get used to it.trip is not so long,so i hope you will have at least some fun.

Edited by Misha

Really girly question - what are the toilets like on the train? I'm not much of a camel so when partial to the odd pint or two of rum on the train I need to know there's somewhere I can powder my nose. After 11 years of festival going I have perfected the art of going in a pint tumbler but I'm not sure such behaviour would work on a Serb train. :huh:

I have a question, and to save me posting a new thread i thought id ask here...

How easy would it be to get from Prague to Novi Sad???

What would be the best method, and how much would it roughly cost??

Cheers to anyone that can help. :P

Edited by SorD

Sounds good! Although last year we went to the Loveparade in Germany and ended up getting a row on the plane for our boisterous behaviour, the plane all clapped after we got the row which was embarrassing at the time but funny now. Not sure about rod though, deacon blue all the way.