details about the park and jazzworld

Guest srvman

jazzworld last year had fantastic acts such as buddy guy and king solomon burke, is there any news about similar sort of acts playing at this years festival, id love to see bb king at glasto if he hasnt played before, it would be fantastic and im afraid id quite happily miss any of the proposed headliners for such an act

only thing is he is quite old and i remember him doing a "last " tour, but he still making records from what i understand.

eddie grant was also a stroke of genius....

im just wondering if they can match last years prestige in jazz world.

also when do the parks top acts become announced ?

anyone got any suggestions as to who they want to play park and jazzworld and any clues?

The JW stage *ALWAYS* has a fantastic line-up. To me, it's always the best stage on site (tho of course it won't ever suit those who have to see all the latest nme-rated bands [that are so often just shite]).

So whoever they have, you can be sure they'll be fantastic bands even if you've never heard of them before. :lol:

I think that it's the case that much of the booking of that stage is done later than the other major stages, I guess (at least in part) because there's less competition from other fests for those bands, so they don't need to get in as early to secure the acts they want. It seems to be the general case that fewer bands self-confirm themselves as early as happens for other stages, tho it's also the case that eFestivals normally has a huge chunck of the line-up before the announcements are made.

I'm expecting the formal announcement of who's playing to happen at the end of May/beginning of June as normally happens, tho I think it's probable that the Pyramid headliners will be announced far sooner (anytime from around the end of this month to the beginning of April).

I remember The Wailers playing there a few years back - they were amazing.

Saw Manu Chao there on the Sunday night last year and he and his band were amazing too !

Alabama 3 likewise !

Great place the Jazz World Stage :P:D:D

Spent the whole of Friday night last year at JW, FLC's then estelle, followed by jimmy cliff(legend!) till 12.40am the end to a great first day it was.

This year would really, really really love to see Sigur Ros headline one night, and another couple of good ones would be The Bays and what about the Polyphonic Spree or Amadou & Mariam, would love to be a booker :lol:

Spent the whole of Friday night last year at JW, FLC's then estelle, followed by jimmy cliff(legend!) till 12.40am the end to a great first day it was.

This year would really, really really love to see Sigur Ros headline one night, and another couple of good ones would be The Bays and what about the Polyphonic Spree or Amadou & Mariam, would love to be a booker :lol:

Absolutely, he was fabulous, as was Buddy Guy, Eddy Grant (which I didn't expect to enjoy as much as I did) and the ever fantastic Alabama 3!

Definately my favourite stage last year, added bonus of the Brothers Bar and Pieminster! Plus generally less crowded than other stages, and these flags look great!