Maximo Park?

Guest johnmcga

Like practically every other band, I imagine they've been mentioned on here already. But...

They just sent an email out to their mailing list. Apparently the third album is almost finished and they're set to announce some "substantial" UK dates in the next few days.

I can definitely see them playing Glasto. But where? I'm thinking high up the Other Stage bill, or a little further down the Pyramid. Reckon they're probably too big for the JP now, although they'd suit the setting perfectly.

Anyone able to confirm / deny / make completely unfounded claims?!

Cheers,

John.

They are the one band that I absolutely love but haven't seen live yet (well, excluding Blur, but that's going to be taken care of soon enough!), Paul's lyrics put me in a trance...they are a lovely band. I'm really hoping they are somewhere in the line-up. And I'd guess there is a good chance they will make an appearance, seeing as their new album will line-up really well with Glasto. But with my luck they'll announce a US tour while I'm in Europe, and hit the UK just before and after I've left.

Oh I hope so! No idea where they would be or how far up the bill (I am rubbish at predictions!) but I would definately try to see them!

Have seen them three times live and they were ace!! My firends band supported them in Dundee a few years ago, so hopefully they will put a good word in with Eavis!! ;)

I think they will play the Pyramid this year, can't wait, last time at glasto they were outstanding on the other stage!

Just to echo the sentiments of others.....saw them in Sheffield and Other stage in 07 and they were utterly brilliant live but I can't see them being a Pyramid act, they need something a little more intimate. Having said that I think the Peel tent would be too small so it pretty much leaves an Other stage performance, I'm thinking second on the bill.

• 1 month later...

They sent out an message to their e-mail list earlier this morning, they announced the title of the new album (Quicken the Heart), and said it would be out in May. Paul also confirmed they will play T in the Park, and said they will be confirming more dates via the e-mails and their twitter. So, no news about Glasto, but I'm still fairly certain they will be there.