2010 Glastonbury - Special Year

Guest Dunney77

Hey Hey! I remember reading something a while ago which says 2010 is a special year for glastonbury? like a anniversary or something since it began. I remember emily eavis saying they were already planning the acts for it and they were going to be the biggest in the world!

Any idea is this is true and what bands you reckon will be approached

Pink Floyd

Rage Against the Machine

Faithless

:blink:

Hey Hey! I remember reading something a while ago which says 2010 is a special year for glastonbury? like a anniversary or something since it began. I remember emily eavis saying they were already planning the acts for it and they were going to be the biggest in the world!

Pink Floyd

Rage Against the Machine

Faithless

:lol:

well, I really hope that it's none of the bands mentioned here. It's 2010, lets have some relevant contemporary, exciting bands. Not 'classic' rock from 20/30/40 years ago

Think about it, imagine if, it the first Glastonbury festival, Michael Eavis hadn't booked Mark Bolan and T.rex, but instead looked back to bands from 30 years ago. Everyone would have been getting down to the classic sounds of Duke Ellington and a Glen Miller tribute act.

It will be special for me, 2010 will be my last Glastonbury.

Not sure what I will do without it, but I will be going out in style.

Faithless playing would just round things off perfectly as they played at my first Glasto in '02 and remain the act by which all others are judged. :lol:

Though I already know it's impossible (Just to stop anyone in advance) I think it would be really cool if for 2010 they were to make it a full 5 days of music with a different "theme" each day celebrating the past 40 years of Glasto

Wednesday - Big acts from 1970-1979

Thursday - Big acts from 1980-1989

Friday - Big acts from 1990-1999

Saturday - Big acts from 2000-2009

Sunday - Big acts from NOW!!

Or maybe a voting system like ATP does where every confirmed ticket purchase gets a voting form for the headliners on each stage then the top (sensible) choices are approached. With a big media thing saying "The fans have voted for Led Zep" or whatever they may be bullied into playing :lol:

Though I already know it's impossible (Just to stop anyone in advance) I think it would be really cool if for 2010 they were to make it a full 5 days of music with a different "theme" each day celebrating the past 40 years of Glasto

Wednesday - Big acts from 1970-1979

Thursday - Big acts from 1980-1989

Friday - Big acts from 1990-1999

Saturday - Big acts from 2000-2009

Sunday - Big acts from NOW!!

Or maybe a voting system like ATP does where every confirmed ticket purchase gets a voting form for the headliners on each stage then the top (sensible) choices are approached. With a big media thing saying "The fans have voted for Led Zep" or whatever they may be bullied into playing :D

Pink Floyd

Rage Against the Machine

Faithless

:D

If 2010 is going to be a mega special festival, I hope that's overwhelmingly because of some new and spectacular changes and some truly amazing art and scenes and happenings and decoration all around the site, with acts for all stages small and big being chosen particularly carefully all over the site to shock and amaze.

Far too many people are obsessed only with the Pyramid headliners. Couldn't give more than a passing shit about those in particular, myself ....

If 2010 is going to be a mega special festival, I hope that's overwhelmingly because of some new and spectacular changes and some truly amazing art and scenes and happenings and decoration all around the site, with acts for all stages small and big being chosen particularly carefully all over the site to shock and amaze.

Far too many people are obsessed only with the Pyramid headliners. Couldn't give more than a passing shit about those in particular, myself ....

I think ME might get a little sentimental about 2010 being the 40th Anniversary

He might reflect on his original inspiration for the festival ...that being the 1970 Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music

At the time it was by far the biggest collection of top class UK and US bands ever put together far a weekend gig and possibbly (well IMO ) .. the best ever

Unbelievably Some of the band that appeared are still around ( well in part)

...part of ... Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, John Mayall, Fairport Convention, Santana

seeing John Mayall and Eric Clapton back together would be something special

As well as the oldies it would be a great opportunity to feature some of the new up and coming bands that may also last another 40 years ...although I somehow doubt that bands will now last that long

Edited by mdp963