press embargo on glasto line up?

Guest zahidf

I mean a lot of people will know more about this than me, but Im sure some people know and aren't alowed to say but the majority of journalists don't know officialy who is playing until nearer the time, websites like this have unoficial sources and neil has said who he thinks will play but obviously he hasn't had this confirmed from official sources.

Interestingly, in the nme Lily Allen article, its said that Lily Allen breached the press embargo on the line up. Does that mean the line up is set, but no one is allowed to report it yet?

it certainly used to be the case (things might have changed, tho I've not heard anything to suggest they have) that there was no sort of 'press embargo'.

It's simply the case that Glasto will have agreed with (just some?) acts that their name will be announced on a certain date. If the act chooses to announce themselves then that's no concern to Glasto.

The line-ups for different stages are booked by that stage's booker (most have their own, tho the Pyramid, Other & [at least some of] the JP Stage are booked by the same guy), and will be at different stages of completion right now. I know, for example, that offers went out for all the dance village acts (so they could be considered as set) before xmas, but that other stages won't necessarily be so advanced, and that some might not yet have even started to make any offers.