Doves

Guest zahidf

no mate, i loved 2003 as the choices were really easy

Fri - REM pyramid, Primal Scream other (much as i love the scream seen them squillions of times and hadnt seen rem so stipe & co won that one

Sat - Radiohead pyramid - doesnt matter who was on the other stages (Super Furry Animals as it goes), only one winner there

Sun - Moby pyramid, Sigur Ros followed by Doves on the other, a very simple choice there as well

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate, i feel for ya, you missed a proper good un

top set.

my mate had built himself up all weekend for doves sunday night, we all trundled down there but he was nowhere to be seen, we tried to get hold of him but no answer on the mobile, the rest of my pals and me had a right good time, back to the camp round the campfire, about 3am theres a rustling from his tent, he emerges looking rather dishevelled and asked 'when are doves on then?'

he just partied himself out and had fallen asleep about 6ish

i blame the jagermeister ;)

for anybody thats interested you can get a live demo taken from their gig at the festival hall last year (which was mighty fine :( )

it is live but the sound quality isnt bad at all. and includes the new tracks in bold from the setlist below.

Firesuite

Snowdon

Winter Hill

Almost Forgot Myself

Pounding

Sea Song

Jetstream Rise

Break Me Gently

Kingdom Of Rust

Ambition

The Outsider

Caught By The River

There Goes The Fear

Northenden

Black And White Town

The Cedar Room

http://polish-tender-hooligan.blogspot.com/2009/01/doves-kingdom-of-rust-live-demo-2009.html

quality! thats got me hooked on them again, currently got the last broadcast on right now, have you heard the Lost Sides album? great b-side band aswell and some quality remixes are on the limited edition version!

Bit of confusion about - Doves have played Glastonbury five times I reckon

1999 - Opened Other Stage on the Friday.

2000 - Headlined New Bands Stage on Sunday night

2002 - Fifth from top Pyramid on Friday

2003 - Headlined Other Stage on Sunday

2005 - Third from top of Pyramid on Friday

Obviously don't like Saturdays then :lol:

Obviously don't like Saturdays then ;)

Obviously don't like Saturdays then :rolleyes:

Seen Doves loads of times including that Eden project gig that was released on DVD (I'm on it!) and they've never let me down. Pounding and Cedar Room are probably in my top 20 songs ever list but the last album disappointed me greatly. The singles we brilliant but i thought the rest was a bit "meh". Hoping for a return to form and will be there if they play Glasto. If not just to hear Cedar Room and do the "ah ah" bits that they never sing live!

Pounding is the one track that I always hope comes onto my mp3 when I'm flagging on the treadmill cause it always puts me back into pace and gives me that extra bit of ooomph to carry on!

Saw Doves at the Festival Hall back in september (the Heavenly gig) and it was one of the most amazing gigs I've been to...venue is one of those places where they like you to stay in your seat...NO CHANCE!! Just legged it down the front past the stewards and joined everyone else standing at the front! I haven't got a ticket for Glasto yet, can't afford to until the April lot go on sale (I hope they still have some to sell then!) but if Doves are on the line up I will be selling my granny to get a ticket!