WAKESTOCK 2009

Guest calumtom19

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Booked my ticket on Monday can't wait, although I hope they announce a strong lineup, bit worried because Oxegen Festival and T in the Park are both on the same weekend as Wakestock and they have already announced quite strong lineups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly same thinking here. But if they can make 2 festivals in 2 days what to stop them doing 3 in 3 :)

If Bloc Party are to play it's going to be on the Friday, same goes with the Killers but don't really see them doing Wakestock, really hoping that they'll announce more soon the line up is utter crap compared with O and T to be honest :) Plus I've already purchased my weekend ticket!

Well personally I doubt we'd see Bloc Party playing 2 venue's in a night de :P

I'm guessing line up will look something like this.

Friday :

-Kissy Sellout

-Chase & Status

-Bloc Party (Would be nice wouldn't it :D)

-Then Moby to finish the night off. Can't see both Chicane and Moby playing same night unless bigger name's get revealed.

Saturday:

-Joy Formidable

-Cuban Brothers

-Chicane

Sunday :

-Duffy?

-Red Light Company

-The Zutons

Can anyone remember off their heads around what time were the bands announced last year? It's annoying both other festivals at the same date have announced most of their high runners.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been going to wakestock for about 6 years now. For those of you who want a bit of info, here it is, the festival is held in a place called penhros, about 5 minutes drive from Abersoch which is a small, but packed tourist area in north wales. Beaches in the area are great, think of it as the UK version of Benicassim and you're pretty much there.

The First night is always the dance night with DJ's such as The Cuban Brothers, and Carl cox regularly in attendance. The first day doesn't really kick off till about 8pm and is mostly for those who love the odd disco biscuit. Not really my scene, but still really good none the less.

The second day is where it all really kicks off with most popular acts performing on this day. The festival is rather small in comparison to ones such as Leeds and Reading, which make the festival a little more intimate.

There is also a Wakeboarding Competition which takes place in Pwllheli which is a coastal town only 10 mintues away from the car which you can see in the day, the organisers provide buses so you can get there and is a good laugh to go down. The festival used to be more focused on the wakeboarding, but now its all about the music.

Facilities are probably the best I've seen in the UK for a festie, but not as good as Beni before meanfiddler got their little paws on it.

Beers are reasonably prices as well for a UK Festie, I think last year it was 3 quid for a beer which is OK, the only problem with this festival is that there are no shops around so you'll need to bring al your campsite ale with you. Getting to the festival site via public transport is a nightmare so definitely come in a car.

In all the Festival is 25-30 thousand festie with decent artists and really nice surroundings. If you want a chill out summer festival with your mates and a bit of beach action, then this is the one to go to.

All you young folk take note, they don't let young ones in (16 and over) and they are going to be really strict on it this year as this is the only way they could get the council permission for the festival to be held here. When you get there you'll understand why, Its a brilliant location. about 10 minutes walk from a beach.

Here is a link to where it is held:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=5...mp;t=h&z=17

Hope this helps.

Russ

• 2 months later...

cheers for that - very useful. Can I just ask though, I'm going along with a friend to the festival as we're doing some interviews, and I noticed on a lot of the forums that the general age range of people going appears to be quite young. We're 26 and 30 and hope to get involved with other people there as there's only 2 of us, I take it we're not the only oldies going?!

just got back from an amazing weekend at wakestock! i was really impressed with everything - i've got nothing to complain about at all. friendly and helpful staff, great performances, everything positioned well, and an amazing location by the beaches. shuttle buses were very handy too.

i liked the way things didn't really kick off until 6-8ish and finished at 1. it gave plenty of time to go into town, buy supplies, hang around for a bit, get back to the tent, have a few drinks and soak up the atmosphere. then on to the music later on! great festival to go to with a good group of mates.

i'm definitely going to be a regular from now on. i feel like i got my money's worth.

Edited by tomisnothere

just got back from an amazing weekend at wakestock! i was really impressed with everything - i've got nothing to complain about at all. friendly and helpful staff, great performances, everything positioned well, and an amazing location by the beaches. shuttle buses were very handy too.

i liked the way things didn't really kick off until 6-8ish and finished at 1. it gave plenty of time to go into town, buy supplies, hang around for a bit, get back to the tent, have a few drinks and soak up the atmosphere. then on to the music later on! great festival to go to with a good group of mates.

i'm definitely going to be a regular from now on. i feel like i got my money's worth.

yeah man it rocked. I wasn't sure about it when I first got there - everyone seemed VERY young and very wrecked, but it was such a good weekend. When the rain came down on the first day my friend and I thought it might dampen spirits, but in true British style everyone seemed to have more fun!

I too had VIP camping and was very disappointed to find the VIP section was full when I arrived, as was guest camping - that was a bit annoying as was traipsing round the campsite trying to find somewhere to camp as it was already very full. But we did, and it was awesome fun and we even got some beach action when the sun came out on the Sunday. And Dizzee! - what can I say? That was awesome, would defo go see him again. Cheers everyone for a wicked weekend (except the person who was kicking mud at the crowd - it took me hours to get that shit out of my hair!) ... See you next year....

Edited by spellbound

yeah man it rocked. I wasn't sure about it when I first got there - everyone seemed VERY young and very wrecked, but it was such a good weekend. When the rain came down on the first day my friend and I thought it might dampen spirits, but in true British style everyone seemed to have more fun!

I too had VIP camping and was very disappointed to find the VIP section was full when I arrived, as was guest camping - that was a bit annoying as was traipsing round the campsite trying to find somewhere to camp as it was already very full. But we did, and it was awesome fun and we even got some beach action when the sun came out on the Sunday. And Dizzee! - what can I say? That was awesome, would defo go see him again. Cheers everyone for a wicked weekend (except the person who was kicking mud at the crowd - it took me hours to get that shit out of my hair!) ... See you next year....