The "big American act" mentioned by Eavis

Guest Ddiamondd

In the BBC article - interview here - Eavis mentions a large American act that he had to delay speaking to. It's brushed over, but as it won't be one of the headliners (already mentioned in the article), I'm wondering who it might be. I immediately thought of Kanye West and The Flaming Lips, both potential Other Stage headliners. Anyone else have other thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what BIG American act has shows this summer in the UK that they will be trying to sell tickets for before Glasto announce them..............Thats what one must think of in trying to crack this............has Beyonce? Madonna?...............Dont be thinking Bruce thats basically a given.............its the second Sat headliner we are trying to get here..............

big american act touring the Uk in May.... Counting Crows.

Not headline material (not for glasto, but did headline O2 wireless last year), and the tour is a rescheduled tour from December, however could fit in with Eavis' thoughts....?

I'm not sure it would be Kanye because ME said that after last year's gamble with Jay-Z and subsequent slow ticket sales (whether or not the two were related) had been far too stressful and he wouldn't be doing the same thing again.

However, as it seems Jay-Z went down well, maybe he changed hid mind...

I'm not sure it would be Kanye because ME said that after last year's gamble with Jay-Z and subsequent slow ticket sales (whether or not the two were related) had been far too stressful and he wouldn't be doing the same thing again.

However, as it seems Jay-Z went down well, maybe he changed hid mind...