90% of tickets sold for Glastonbury Festival

Guest mike99

I just wanna know what i can look forward to in june!

well, my standard line about Prodigy is that I don't really ever expect to see them at Glastonbury again. I believe there's been some issues between them and they don't seem to be getting resolved.

Then again, I know there's been issues with other acts over the years but that they've kissed and made up eventually, so you never know I guess. But all other things taken out of the consideration, I don't expect them to play Glasto - this year, next year, ever.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP!!! ... please can some one put me straight

I am confused on several points .... especially as I have not really been following ticket discussions

I need to know what forward situation is likely to be for 2 reasons

One of the friends we are/were planning to go with has had to have an operation for a brain tumour and he will not know for a few weeks how the followup treatment will affect him

1) Official site on ticket front page says

From February 2nd a limited number of full price tickets will be available, subject to availability and registration. If you are buying a ticket outright you can also buy car parking or campervan tickets.

HELP!!! ... please can some one put me straight

I am confused on several points .... especially as I have not really been following ticket discussions

I need to know what forward situation is likely to be for 2 reasons

One of the friends we are/were planning to go with has had to have an operation for a brain tumour and he will not know for a few weeks how the followup treatment will affect him

FAQ says 5th April ...which is correct - or maybe they are both correct

WE will be out of the country on 5th April so need to put plans in place

Is the total number of tickets on sale to the public 137500??

If so, then IF there are 15,000 left as many people seem to think or know then the % sold is 89.09 ...close to the 90% being quoted by Eavis

But 90% of 137500 is 123750 which leaves on 13750 ..not 15000

Is the 90% being quoted ...of the initial early bird allocation ...which was how many?

What is this about the coach ticket sales ...as far as I can see you can buy coach tickets now

Does anyone know the correct numbers??

FAQ says 5th April ...which is correct - or maybe they are both correct

I've just spoken with the Glasto office about this confusion.

The situation is that, currently, things are still up in the air about what exactly will happen.

However, it's very likely that tickets will continue to be sold for a while (how long isn't settled) into February, before being taken off-sale. It's almost certain that any remaining tickets will then be made available on Sunday 5th April. So this makes both statements correct.

In the time when tickets aren't available to buy, a line-up announcement (perhaps a small one) might well be made, tho currently no date has been set for any announcement, in part because not all headliner deals are signed and sealed as yet. It's also a possibility that an announcement might be made before 2nd Feb when full payment of tickets for those that have paid the despoit has to be settled.

As there might well be a line-up announcement when tickets aren't on sale, then it's likely to be very difficult to get tickets in the sale on 5th April. If you definitely want to go to this year's Glasto then it's advisable to buy your ticket now as currently you're able to without any difficulty.

Edited by eFestivals

i work in the hotel industry. my advice would be GET INSURANCE.

the amount is nominal and should cover you if the worst comes to the worst (which, touch wood, won't!). i think it's even available at the time of booking.

it's amazing the amount of people i hear from turning the air blue because they booked a dirt cheap break, advertised as non-refundable, but they can't turn up because of 'flu'.

if you use your own insurance (bank account perk etc...) ensure you're covered for breaks in the uk - some insurers think a long weekend stay on the coast 200 miles from home doesn't constitute 'travel'.

it might be an inconvenience but it's worth it for the peace of mind! g'luck.

So agree with the insurance comment! You can add the insurance to your ticket when you buy it, it is £3.90 which when you are looking at the thick end of 200 quid is well worth it!

I would say get your tix now (esp as it looks like bruce Springsteen is a cert now) you can always either refund them before May the something, or get insurance so you can get a refund.

I really hope your friend is ok!